November flying

Started by thehaze, November 21, 2012, 04:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

Wow.. great weather this week. I've been to TEMAC all three days this week so far and spent a couple hours flying.

Shockingly the field has been lightly attended, however there's usually at least one member there every time I go. Looks like this little break in the weather is about to end, so I'm glad I got to make it out.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

Stuck at work boared out of my mind.  Enjoy the good weather well we have it
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: thehaze on November 21, 2012, 04:00:01 PM
Wow.. great weather this week. I've been to TEMAC all three days this week so far and spent a couple hours flying.

Shockingly the field has been lightly attended, however there's usually at least one member there every time I go. Looks like this little break in the weather is about to end, so I'm glad I got to make it out.

Sure!  You just have a great old time flying in this gorgeous weather while I'm slaving away in my treadmill at work generating electricity so you can charge your LiPos!  :'(  (Golly these grapes are sour !!  ;D)

Andy

thehaze

Well Andy, I appreciate your hard work. Would be a shame to let it go to waste.

Ededge2002

How did this battery charger and these planes slip into my car this morning??  Oh no what will I do?

battlestu

is some one going to call in sick ;)

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Ededge2002

Not call in sick.  oh who would do that to go and play with toy airplanes?  I was thinking something more along the lines of craping my pants so I could leave early!

thehaze

Quote from: Ededge2002 on November 22, 2012, 01:01:13 PM
Not call in sick.  oh who would do that to go and play with toy airplanes?  I was thinking something more along the lines of craping my pants so I could leave early!

In that case, I'm taking the pilot station up wind from you...

Andy Hoffer

How is Mike going to get his summer kiddies' flying camp going with you guys behaving like this?!!  ;D

Ededge2002

sihinch

I'm going to send you both to the naughty corner, where you can stay and think about what you've done and how it makes other people feel!

battlestu

i would get Ed to clean up first ;)... otherwise it will be a stinky corner
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Ededge2002

Will there be beer and airplanes in the naughty corner?

Ededge2002

Nice afternoon visit to the club!  A couple flyers Jeff, Gerhard and another pilot that I do not know.  Warm with light winds. Perfect. Flew a handful of flights and even managed a 25minute flight with the Enigma with just 45seconds of motor time!
At the end I packed up and headed down the driveway. Then I thought about Gerhard saying earlier that his charger wouldn't work off his cigarette lighter socket. I backed up and asked him if his truck would start as I didn't want to leave him high and dry there. Sure enough it wouldn't start!  So me with no booster cables reached into my battery bag!  About 5 minutes holding the connectors of a 4S5000 to the battery and it started with ease!  No warmth could even be detected in the pack what so ever and on recharge to storage it took the regular amount. I bet it was less work than the abuse I put it through in my plane lol

piker