Off field landings. In the corn

Started by Condor13, July 26, 2017, 04:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Condor13

The morning crew have been practicing off field landings in the corn, which is now higher than an elephant's eye.
On entering the corn, the searcher becomes invisible, so that it is not possible to give instructions.      :(

To help this situation a pole and a flag has been constructed, so that now, on crashing in the corn, one person gets a sight line, the searcher sets off with the pole and a mobile phone, and then can receive directions to keep them on track.

So far , 100% success rate.   :)

You are welcome.

John

sihinch

Candu

Great idea, John! But if the off field landing site is more than 10 metes away, it would be more visible to most of the morning crew members to take the colourful sunbrella instead. ;D

Frank v B

Dr. John,

re:"The morning crew have been practicing off field landings in the corn"

You are famous for saying "Crashing closer to the runway is a form of improvement".

What you are practising now is an admission you are going the other way (a negative improvement!)..... or is it the others in the Morning Crew who are less skilled than you are? ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Oscar

Quote from: Condor13 on July 26, 2017, 04:43:49 PM
The morning crew have been practicing off field landings in the corn, which is now higher than an elephant's eye.
On entering the corn, the searcher becomes invisible, so that it is not possible to give instructions.      :(

To help this situation a pole and a flag has been constructed, so that now, on crashing in the corn, one person gets a sight line, the searcher sets off with the pole and a mobile phone, and then can receive directions to keep them on track.

So far , 100% success rate.   :)

You are welcome.

John

Fantastic idea!!

Crazyflyer

This flag was used multiple times yesterday, fantastic idea!!

craigc

I have finally perfected the off field landing to the point that I do not have any Idea where in the corn field my T-28 went down and no one else was watching,so no help there. Bruce thought he heard a "thump" twards the north end of the field but a search there did not find it. Hopefully someone wandering about in the corn looking for their own  aircraft might come accross my wayward T-28 . I would be so grateful for its return that I am offering a fantastic REWARD to the finder for its safe return. It is a modified Basic T-28 with a .15 motor,custom aluminium motor mount and 4 cell battery........     Oh,the reward  ;D - a gourmet lunch at Subway.

Craig   :'(
905-640-5023

vicwhit

Hey Craig....
Even a Loc8tor will not help you with this if you don't have a clue. One must not fly with his head in the sand (or mud might be more appropriate) but keep an eye to the sky.
Do it while you can.