Got the rust out

Started by Frank v B, April 20, 2014, 02:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Flew two Nooners yesterday just to get the rust out. 
Thanks to Ed for finding my spinner/prop on the field on my race legal Nooner.  I did not even know I had lost it until Ed yelled out.  I thought BEC had cut in.  I dutifully shut the motor down for the landing when it passed by me.  Then I saw the prop was missing.  Duh! :P
The second Nooner (300 watts) flew fine and trimmed fine.  Flew it until BEC cut in. :D

It felt rusty and wholly unnatural having to turn right all the time because of the flying pattern.

Guys, get flying, get the bugs out.  Keep your props on because planes fly faster* this way. 

Frank

*See Andy, I learned something yesterday 8)
"Never trade luck for skill"

Ededge2002

I had a flight with my Nooner today and Michael flew his new one for this season.  Michaels plane was smooth and solid.  He even seemed to enjoy flying it!  Andy also was out in the hunt getting some stick time with his racer.  The winds were a little bumpy but I was reminded what a great flying plane it is.  Michael's prop was freewheeling and would not stop when he was landing and I remember this was a trouble for others last season.  I mentioned that it was an easy fix with the "Castle Link" and he asked if I would do it.  I checked my software from last year and put the same version I ran onto his ESC and set to hard brake.  If anyone is interested or even still reading this I updated to 4.01 Beta and it has been perfectly stopping the prop. 
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?