4S 2200 pack wanted

Started by Ededge2002, February 23, 2014, 05:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

Im looking for a 4S 2200 pack with some specific dimensions.  Pack must be 42mm X 42mm X what ever to fit the plane. I need the pack really for a maiden flight and once that is done I doubt it will be used again.  If you have something that still has good power that is looking for some abuse I'm ready and waiting!  Load will be about 60amps...

Take a look in those drawers boys and let me know what you've got.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on February 23, 2014, 05:32:49 PM
Im looking for a 4S 2200 pack with some specific dimensions.  Pack must be 42mm X 42mm X what ever to fit the plane. I need the pack really for a maiden flight and once that is done I doubt it will be used again.  If you have something that still has good power that is looking for some abuse I'm ready and waiting!  Load will be about 60amps...

Take a look in those drawers boys and let me know what you've got.

So you're going to crash it on the maiden flight???!   ;D

Andy

Ededge2002

Nope right after I fly it with the 4S I will be flying it with 5S!!

4S will only be about 420W per Lb where as the 5S will put it at a nice round 500!!

Andy Hoffer

Best I've got is a pair of Turnigy 20-30C 2S 2200 mAh packs.  (Cell resistance is 7-10 milliohms.)

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8933__Turnigy_2200mAh_2S_20C_Lipo_Pack.html?gclid=CPey3rHe47wCFc5DMgodUloAMg

Sounds like you need something beefier if you're going for 60 amps.

Andy

Ededge2002

Andy I am very interested in at least testing out the packs you have.  What did you want for them?  The cell resistance isn't too bad and they might still pack enough punch to get the job done.

Andy Hoffer

Hi Ed:

I paid $5 each for them in May.  They were from the Harry Skelton estate sale which Frank Van Beurden coordinated.  I have not used them yet.  They have been stored as I received them since then: one pack at 3.8 volts/cell ( :)) and one at 4.1 volts/cell ( :().

You are more than welcome to try them out gratis for your tests.  It will be interesting to see how they perform.

In the meantime I will reduce the storage charge on the high pack.

Cheers

Andy

Frank v B

Ed,

I have a brand new Turnigy Nano-Tech 4S 2200 35C-70C pack (NIB) that I have not even removed from the box until now.  It has the yellow factory connector on it.   I bought it for the Evader Jet.  The dimensions are 35mm x 32mm x 10.5 cm long.  That should fit.  If you only want to use it for one flight you can borrow it.  The rental cost will be to solder a Deans connector onto it* when you return it.

Frank

* I will supply the connector.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Ededge2002

Thank you Frank for you VERY generous offer!  I could not bear the thought of abusing your new pack in my monstrosity.  If it was for sale I would purchase it but I don't know the condition it will be returned in as this set up is quite on the edge. 

Thanks again!

Frank v B

OK Ed, how about this one.

Was just going through all my batteries and balancing them.  Nothing better to do.  The original 4S 2200 that came with the Evader (it survived Greg H's abuse) is 30-40C Turnigy.  That will get you your 60 amps.  It is a little puffy but still works and is the same dimension as the Nano-tech (32mm x 34mm x 10.5cm long). It balanced fine.

Frank

ps: Ed, why do I trust you more than you trust yourself? :D       No comment Andy H. ! :-X  Go back to writing poetry. ;D
"Never trade luck for skill"