3 planes for sale

Started by eric, February 23, 2015, 10:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric

I have way too many planes that I'll never get to, so I have to clear some out. All are new in the box.

!/   GWS Formosa, the newer model with the stronger foam. Box never opened.          $30.00             SOLD             

2/    Great Planes Fling: 5 foot wingspan discus launch ARF glider.        
        White covering with orange on bottom.                                                                     $80.00           SOLD

3/   Kerswap: classic pylon wing mounted old timer. 42" wingspan. Beautiful kit for you guys that have caught the

"build bug".                                                                                      $25.00        SOLD                     

All planes are in perfect condition with all instructions and / or rolled plans.  Eric

wollins

Eric I missed out on the last one you had for sale but not this time.  ;D  I'll take the last one.  ;) BTW, what does it come with?

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

eric

Hi Colin;

This is strictly a balsa kit and nuttin' else, which is why its only $25.00. That's what I paid an old guy for it (even older than me!) who was getting out of the hobby. The plane was designed by Gilbert Morris in 1941 and has an enviable record of wins in competition over the years and, like all old timers, flies slowly and stably.
The box was still factory sealed when I got it. You don't see balsa this nice nowadays. Since I had every intention of building the model I had an extra copy of the plans made, so you can hack one up and still have a pristine one for referring to.
The Kerswap in the picture came from the internet; gotta love that covering job.

Here's a few pictures of the contents of the box. Still want it?

Eric

wollins

Aww crap!  Sorry thought it was already built. Would have been a nice little plane for Mya but after the project I'm doing right now (and the TWO Morphines I have to build) I don't wanna see another piece of balsa wood for a year!

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

eric

pmackenzie

So is the Kerswap taken?
Looks like Colin passed, but it is marked as sold.

Thanks,

Pat MacKenzie

eric

Hi Pat;

Sorry, Gerry Steckling snapped up the Kerswap right after Colin passed it up.

Eric

Bigstik

I'm struggling with 'too many planes'. Is that possible?
Bigstik

eric

When you live in a teeny downsized house bought for a quiet, uncluttered retirement, having 22 flyable models (some are old timers with 8', one piece wings) makes for a bit of a space problem. Add in the boats and a bunch of kits and, well," too many planes" really is, sadly, possible.

I'll still be building, but I've reached terminal marital harmony storage capacity.

Eric

eric

Fling reduced to $59.99, what a deal.

Eric

Frank v B

Eric,

I will take the Fling for $60.00.  Pocket the penny and put it towards your retirement. ;) 
Bring it to the next Pilots' Meeting and I will have some $20's printed up by then. :)

Frank van Beurden
"Never trade luck for skill"

eric

Thanks, Frank! I'll bring it along to the next meeting.

Eric