TEMAC 2016 Jets Day, 1pm this Saturday

Started by Michael, May 24, 2016, 09:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Michael

sihinch

I'm trying to finish my Vampire.

Plus I'll bring the 90mm Eurofighter and a few old favorites.

Love jets!

Michael

I had a great time. It was 2 hours straight of jets flying, sometimes as many as 4 at a time, despite a small turnout of pilots.

I guess the hot-humid weather had some stay away, but I did some of my best jet flying ever, and it was especially fun to fly with Simon and the others.
Michael

Oscar

I enjoyed it very much.  Graham and I flew the UMX Habu S DF180m together.  I also flew the UMX Mig-15 with Mike L together.  Formation flying is hard.  Flying UMX in formation is even harder.  Lots of laugh and fun.   :D

gmcnic

It was my first time flying EDF and it was F-U-N  :D
Thank you Simon for helping me tame the first couple of flights and Oscar for putting up with me.

Once airborne, it felt like the UMX Icon except much faster.  Unlike the Icon, full throttle is required for take-off.
(Quickly learned the hard way...)

It was so much FUN that I went out early this morning for a couple of more flights.  ;D
Graham

bweaver

It sounds like a great day.  I am sad that I couldn't make it.  My jet still has work to do on it. (Like everything else.)

:'(

Oscar

Graham - I can be your wingman anytime.  I agree, its faster than the umx icon (can't believe HH discontinue such a great plane thou). Next time how about we bring the umx icon too and we fly in formation (or try) for both planes. 

gmcnic

Thanks Oscar and let's make a plan to try both planes.
I wonder if HH will come back with a SAFE version of the UMX Icon like they did with the UMX Habu?

I will try to find some more batteries at the LHS  :D
Graham

Oscar

Graham - I hope so too.

In regards to the battery, Parker model (local vendor) 300mAh 2S 35C, good battery. HobbyHome are out of stock. You can try Pinnacle and AdvanceRC. The other one, EFlite 280mAh 2S 7.4V 30C, cheaper, is alternative. Avoid Eflite 200mAh. It costs more than the E-flite 280mAh.