May 11 instruction

Started by thehaze, May 10, 2016, 10:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

The weather looks good for tomorrow. Charge you batteries and get ready to have some RC fun!

Training starts at 6
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

thehaze

My friends, there are good nights at temac and then there's tonight. A night so awesome that other nights at the club are jealous of it..

In short, tonight rocked. Congrats to Anthony for earning his wings! Well done!

Let's do it again next week!

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Frank v B

A great evening.  I counted 28 cars in the parking lot at one time.

Five Apprentices (Apprentae?, Apprenti? Apprentussus?) in the air at one time.  When there was wind earlier in the evening it was straight down the runway.  As the evening progressed the wind died down nicely.

Sorry to see Ken ("the good looking one") Ross plant his Hawker Hunter in the field.  He better be careful because Andy owns that area.  Andy has planted several planes there this year and is awaiting a good crop of ripe new planes at harvest time. :D

We had several guests and three Air Cadets who had a courtesy flight on the Club Apprentice.  Bill "Wingnutz" Quantock even showed up to set the standard for finesse take-offs and landings with an Apprentice.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on May 11, 2016, 10:50:09 PM
A great evening.  I counted 28 cars in the parking lot at one time.

Five Apprentices (Apprentae?, Apprenti? Apprentussus?) in the air at one time.  When there was wind earlier in the evening it was straight down the runway.  As the evening progressed the wind died down nicely.

Sorry to see Ken ("the good looking one") Ross plant his Hawker Hunter in the field.  He better be careful because Andy owns that area.  Andy has planted several planes there this year and is awaiting a good crop of ripe new planes at harvest time. :D
We had several guests and three Air Cadets who had a courtesy flight on the Club Apprentice.  Bill "Wingnutz" Quantock even showed up to set the standard for finesse take-offs and landings with an Apprentice.

Frank

The co-mingled DNA of Frank's planes and mine should produce some very interesting hybrids.  On the balance of probabilities I expect Frank's genetic coding to be dominant in these new strains!!  8)

Andy

Michael

It was a great evening.

Don is finally flying well, and enjoying it. He had 15 minutes of air-time.

I flew once with BJ, and not once did I let go of the trainer lever, from takeoff to landing.

Michael

Skyking

Frank,
I'm really impressed!
I didn't know you could count to 28.
Actually, I can.

Frank v B

Ken

re: "I didn't know you could count to 28."

to quote your signature line  "actually, I can"

I used 20 of my own digits (fingers and toes), borrowed 7 of Graham's and then when the last car arrived, Simon showed me his middle finger.  That makes 28! ;D

It's amazing what you can learn from an evening of flying with friends... and Ken Ross. ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"