****SOLD*****46" fibreglass tugboat, twin motors, one prop shaft.

Started by Frank v B, November 12, 2023, 09:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

For Sale- a fibreglass hull model tug. It is big.

46" long,  14" beam, hull is 9" high, 34" from the bottom of the keel to the top of the mast. 54 pounds!
Comes with:
- two brushed motors leading to a reduction gear and a single prop shaft with a 3-5/8" four bladed bronze prop.
- rudder servo installed, Futaba 72 meg RX, channel 18- will include a matching 4 channel Futaba Attack transmitter if you wish.
- removable antenna mast for transportation. (wish I would have known earlier!)
- 35 pounds of ballast to get her to the waterline.  Comes in small bags for easy removal and balance.
- strong stand.

Needed to sail her:
- 6 volt sealed lead acid battery.  Used a 12 amp battery bought at a battery store for Kids Riding toys. Note: I tried 7.2 volt Lipo but was too powerful. Tugs should not plane!
- ESC of your choice
- RX battery.  I used a standard 4.8 volt 550 mah Futaba RX pack.
- a strong back...because of the weight.

This boat is offered to TEMAC members for one week before it goes on RC Canada "FS: RC Water" for a higher price.

Price $250.00 or best offer.*

Pick up in Toronto (Yonge and St Clair).  I need to be home because my wife will send you off with an extra 12 RC airplanes free!!  ;)
If more than one person wants it, please register a higher bid on this post.  The highest price before 8 pm Saturday, November 18 on this post gets the boat.

Thanks for looking.

Frank

*ps: the 3 5/8" bronze 4 bladed prop alone lists for $109.99 at GreatHobbies! https://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=DUM3120

"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

Michael

Frank v B

Thanks Michael.

Photo of it shows up at the Youtube Beeton Floatfly video at 45 seconds
Eight Temac members showed up at this event.

Frank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq7J8nd6FFU&t=288s

Frank v B