P40-B Decals and clear coat questions

Started by Bobmic, May 12, 2013, 09:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobmic

I am hoping to complete the P40 this week but have a couple of questions.
I painted the covering with Krylon Satin finish to get rid of the shininess but now everything sticks to it like a magnet - it gets dirty very easy as it doesn't have a smooth finish because of the clear coat.
Is there anything I can do about the roughens and keep the Satin Finish? Do I need to buff it somehow or add a coat of crystal clear coat while keeping the matte look?

Second question - attached is a picture of part of the decal sheet that I have no clue where it belongs (...not talking about the Japanese flags)

Thank you
Bobby

Gregor77

Gregor77

Let me check where the Jap flags go.. generally under the left side cockpit area.  But for the planes in China area, I am not sure?

Gregor77

Funny, I spent all lunch looking.. I can't see any...

Gregor77

Well, with Monthend happening.. Not sure that I will have time get going on the P40.  I would like to do a combined flight.. Would be great for a video or photoshot.

Bobmic

Well.... looks like you have lots of time available cause you are flying almost everyday :)

Gregor77

Gregor77

I got a good chunk of mine done. Just need to get the retracts and two hitech servos as I like metal ones for the rudder and elevator.

Bobmic

Why do you need metal gear?
This is not a supper high G plane, I am using HS-485HB Karbonite gears which seems to be quite good.
Which servos are you planning to use?

Gregor77

Ok I went with your suggestions. Installed servos last night. Had to order retracts and scale pilot. Maybe should be ready in a few weeks as I am waiting for parts.

Bobmic

Hope you didn't order the H-9 pilot, like the one I used (it's not the nicest - the one you had seemed nicer).
When do you plan to have it ready?

Gregor77

Maybe in two weeks. Most is done. Switching to the p51 as the parts arrived from hk.