Unionville Hobby's Cricket Kit

Started by Gregor77, September 05, 2012, 10:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

Tim at the office gave me a Unionville Cricket kit that was 20% built!   Anyone know anything about this plane?  He says it has to be about 20 years old now. :-\

byrocat

Is this the flat-winged airfoil or the semi-symmetrical one?

Actually, the Cricket goes back to 1984 or so. There was a whole series of basically the same design but in different configurations (top wing, bottom wing, twin-tail, trike or taildragger). Mostly produced as an ARF until Canada Post put its parcel rates out of sight for anything over 1 meter in length, and that's why his kit boxes are so short.

Just asking -- is it for sale and how much?

Ededge2002

I don't remember Unionville making ARF's but the Cricket I think had a semi or fully symmetrical airfoil. Couple guys I flew with built them with just enough dihedral that the wings didn't look droopy and they flew great.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Bob Hudson

Used to be "one of" the trainers of choice at the old MMFC - right Bruce? ::)

Gregor77

It is the highwing version.  It's all there.. It was a person at the office that started it a long time ago.  I offered it to Frank already.  I will let you guys know if there is no interest.   I would trade it for a 12 of Lucky Beer (just to keep me motivated working on the VW bus).  ;o)

byrocat

Got a 12-pack of either Molson Canadian or Coors Lite that I can offer.  If Frank doesn't want it, I'm definitely interested.

BTW, Bob Hudson is right -- the Unionville trainers were my first kit although in the ARF form.

Gregor77

Good stuff!

Once I heard back, it's all yours then! ;o)