First Repair Class- wed. Oct. 21

Started by Frank v B, October 15, 2015, 10:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

First repair class, Wednesday, October 21.

This confirms that we will have the first repair class on Wednesday, October 21 at Colonel Mustard's in the basement room... the same place we have the Pilot's Meetings.
Please bring your crashed or damaged foam or balsa planes to the meeting.  If you broke off tail feathers, please make sure you bring the main wing.  We will tell you why at the meeting.

Agenda
- opening remarks from Dr. Balsa (Rob Pike) and Dr. Foam (me).
- I will give a general repair overview and tools required for foam.  Piker will go over tools for balsa.
- We will do repairs on planes in front of you and will make sure that the repairs you need are covered in the talk.  Once we see your plane.. or what is left of it... we can advise you on the best approach for each of your repairs.  If you want, we can write out a repair prescription so you can follow the steps at home.

Bring your repair attempts to the next meeting two weeks later and you can then ask questions, seek more advice or throw the plane at us and we will have a go at it in front of the group.

Please do not be shy.  Bring your plane if it has local problems like a loose motor mount, ripped out retracts, bent landing gear, flexing tail feathers (Apprentice) or nose gear problems.

It is worth attending and listening to how other repairs are done.  If it doesn't solve your repair this year it may solve it next year when you discover other ways to damage model airplanes. :D

Everyone is welcome, even if you do not have a crashed airplane but you just want to learn how to repair a model.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

I'm bringing this.....

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on October 15, 2015, 10:47:52 PM
First repair class, Wednesday, October 21.

This confirms that we will have the first repair class on Wednesday, October 21 at Colonel Mustard's in the basement room... the same place we have the Pilot's Meetings.
Please bring your crashed or damaged foam or balsa planes to the meeting.  If you broke off tail feathers, please make sure you bring the main wing.  We will tell you why at the meeting.

Agenda
- opening remarks from Dr. Balsa (Rob Pike) and Dr. Foam (me).
- I will give a general repair overview and tools required for foam.  Piker will go over tools for balsa.
- We will do repairs on planes in front of you and will make sure that the repairs you need are covered in the talk.  Once we see your plane.. or what is left of it... we can advise you on the best approach for each of your repairs.  If you want, we can write out a repair prescription so you can follow the steps at home.

Bring your repair attempts to the next meeting two weeks later and you can then ask questions, seek more advice or throw the plane at us and we will have a go at it in front of the group.

Please do not be shy.  Bring your plane if it has local problems like a loose motor mount, ripped out retracts, bent landing gear, flexing tail feathers (Apprentice) or nose gear problems.

It is worth attending and listening to how other repairs are done.  If it doesn't solve your repair this year it may solve it next year when you discover other ways to damage model airplanes. :D

Everyone is welcome, even if you do not have a crashed airplane but you just want to learn how to repair a model.

Frank

If you don't have a crashed airplane, I am certain that Frank will be more than happy to crash your plane for you!!  He's a very generous guy! And he's an expert at this, hence his expertise in crash repairs.  ;D

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

re: he's an expert at this, hence his expertise in crash repairs.  ;D

Jealousy will get you everywhere in this hobby.  At least I'm good at something.... finally. 8)

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on October 16, 2015, 09:16:29 PM
Andy,

re: he's an expert at this, hence his expertise in crash repairs.  ;D

Jealousy will get you everywhere in this hobby. At least I'm good at something.... finally. 8)

Frank

I couldn't agree more!! ;D

Andy

Wingnutz

Quote from: sihinch on October 16, 2015, 08:37:48 AM
I'm bringing this.....
Why? He (is this your Dad?) looks to be in great shape! The wing looks pretty good too...it's just missing an airplane!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Frank v B

Andy,

So I had a few mishaps. :)

The folded yellow wing in the last picture will be the subject of one of my repairs in the repair class.  Yes I know it is balsa and I am looking after the Foam repairs.  It really is a sinking feeling when the wingtips clap at about a 50' altitude.  The fuse is already repaired. 8)

Andy, it takes talent to symmetrically break a racing prop like the close-up in picture 3. ;D

See you Wednesday.

Frank