For Sale- 36" RC tug boat

Started by Frank v B, June 03, 2014, 07:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

For Sale- 36" Shelly Foss Tug boat.  Fully finished and has run in our pool.  Includes stand, rudder servo, bow thruster and reversing switch for the thruster.  KORT nozzle rudder with prop shaft and prop include 14-20 universal joint.  Excludes ESC and motor.  Perfect motor would be an old geared 550 brushed on 6 volts.

Price is $90- Piker gets first right of refusal because he has "always wanted a tug".

Frank

ps: I am keeping my 48" 50 pound tug.

"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

Ooooo....

Just got off the plane from San Diego...

I'll take it!  Can you bring it to the field on Sunday for the racing day?

Frank v B

Piker,

It is yours.  Cannot be at the field Sunday.  Have to be in Guelph for our grandson's first birthday party.  Arghhhh!   :(

Will get it to you somehow.

Welcome back from San Diego.

Frank

sihinch

I'm sad for 2 reasons now. 1st Piker wanted the boat (because I was tempted) and 2nd cos I can't beat Frank on Sunday!

piker

Quote from: sihinch on June 06, 2014, 06:35:29 PM
I'm sad for 2 reasons now. 1st Piker wanted the boat (because I was tempted) and 2nd cos I can't beat Frank on Sunday!

I will bring the tug to the float fly's for everyone to play with... including you   :)

Andy Hoffer

Gonna put a RC-controlled grappling hook on it (scale of course) to use for float plane recovery?   :D

Andy

Papa

Hi Frank, @Frank v B bring it on Saturday and I will give it to Robert @piker on Sunday.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Frank v B

Andy,

re" [size=78%]Gonna put a RC-controlled grappling hook on it"[/size]

Tell Piker how you would use the blue (not pink) rubber bands from broccoli to launch the scale hook.... affectionately knows as the "s'no-hook". :D

Papa, will put the tug in my car tomorrow.

Frank

piker

Thanks, guys!  I'll keep the payment handy, so I can get it to you next time I see ya, Frank!

Frank v B

Piker,

The tug has been delivered to Jack.  Liberate it from him tomorrow.  Have fun.

Frank

Papa

What do you mean "liberate".

Jack's Marine Delivery provides door to door service.

Robert has his tug already.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

wollins

Quote from: Papa on June 07, 2014, 05:54:42 PM
Jack's Marine Delivery provides door to door service.

I remember that service well! A few years ago Jack kindly volunteered to deliver some lipos to my house.  And these were packs that he had offered to shrink wrap for me! In other words he was doing me a favour ... and on top of that he then delivered them to my door.

Our Special Events Director is special indeed.  Thanks for being you, Jack!

Colin.

P.S. No, I was not paid to make the above comments! loL!   
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

piker

Yes!  Jack dropped the boat off this aft, but I haven't had a chance to really look it over as we had a bunch of people over tonight.  It sure is cute and I've been thinking of a way to use it as an airplane retrieval system.  I have some cool ideas that I need to develop a bit more.

I even had Tara interested in coming out to the float fly's to act as our retrieval boat operator, but I'm pretty sure she was just amusing me  ::)

Thanks Frank and Jack!!!

Frank v B

Here is the full history of this tug,
- given to me by Tony Hayward (GreatHobbies) when his wife wanted it out of the house.  A friend had built it and left it there.
- Tony would not take "no" for an answer and put it into my car.
- I added the prop shaft, prop, rudder, built the Kort nozzle, added the thruster, added the servos and motor (A geared 25 on 2 cells), re-painted it.  The hull was a dull grey.  A tug needs to be black freeboard and red below the water line so I sprayed it red and black.
- the test run in our pool was scary.  It was the only tug in history to get up on step and plane the length of the pool.  Guess I overdid it.
- I then received the larger 48" tug from an estate of a friend.  It was already painted black and red.  It will be my focus.

The money I charged was for the parts I added, not the original boat because it was given to me.

Happy cruising to Piker.  I will bring out my 48" tug and sailboat (36" long) to FB one of these days.

Frank

piker

So, what you're saying is... "Pay up, Piker!  You got a good deal!"

True.  I appreciate the deal  :)