Started by eric, February 25, 2016, 09:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

great thanks Eric. See you on the 9th
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Eric,

I will take the Golden Oriole for $50.00

Rob (Octagon), that E-Flite Beaver is a terrific airplane.  I have had it for about 5 years and flies incredibly well.  Great price. 

Thanks Eric for letting us benefit from a friend's misfortune.

Frank

ps: I will be at the meeting on the 9th
"Never trade luck for skill"

eric

Great, Frank! Your name's on the Oriole.

octagon

Quote from: Frank v B on February 29, 2016, 08:02:14 PM
Eric,

I will take the Golden Oriole for $50.00

Rob (Octagon), that E-Flite Beaver is a terrific airplane.  I have had it for about 5 years and flies incredibly well.  Great price. 

Thanks Eric for letting us benefit from a friend's misfortune.

Frank
Thanks Frank. Did you do your plane with a 25 or a 32? I am thinking the 32 so it will have enough power for floats, but I like the idea of the "scaleness" of the 25.
ps: I will be at the meeting on the 9th

Frank v B

Rob,

To answer your questions
- mine has a Power 25 and is overpowered.  On floats, put a 32 on it per their recommendation.
- make sure you dial in about 3 degrees of down elevator trim with flaps.  Without trim, my plane loops when deploying flaps anything above half throttle.
- Most flying is done at 3/4 throttle.  I don't know if I have ever flown it at full throttle.

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on March 01, 2016, 10:08:13 PM
Rob,

To answer your questions
- mine has a Power 25 and is overpowered.  On floats, put a 32 on it per their recommendation.
- make sure you dial in about 3 degrees of down elevator trim with flaps.  Without trim, my plane loops when deploying flaps anything above half throttle.
- Most flying is done at 3/4 throttle.  I don't know if I have ever flown it at full throttle.

Frank

I use a Power 32 in mine.  I don't dial in down elev because flaps are usually used at less than half throttle, and I like to fly it like a real plane. 

And Frank's planes always loop, no matter what he dials in.  ;D

Andy

octagon

Are you implying Frank is loopy?

eric

Andy Hoffer

Frank v B

Andy,

re: your "And Frank's planes always loop, no matter what he dials in.  ;D"

At least my airplane loops. :D That's a lot more than yours does after what happened two weeks ago.*

Your best buddy,

Frank

* For those who are not up to date with Andy's activities, his E-Flite Beaver bought the farm two weeks ago.  His loop could best be described as a figure 9, a dirt-eating, hole digging, bunker busting, worm burning, seismic shocker, a 7.0 on the Richter scale type flight.  He says he will re-build it.  I will make sure even if I have to do the work for him. 8)

Candu

If the Park Zone Radian is still available, I'll take it.

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on March 02, 2016, 10:34:20 PM
Andy,

re: your "And Frank's planes always loop, no matter what he dials in.  ;D"

At least my airplane loops. :D That's a lot more than yours does after what happened two weeks ago.*

Your best buddy,

Frank

* For those who are not up to date with Andy's activities, his E-Flite Beaver bought the farm two weeks ago.  His loop could best be described as a figure 9, a dirt-eating, hole digging, bunker busting, worm burning, seismic shocker, a 7.0 on the Richter scale type flight.  He says he will re-build it.  I will make sure even if I have to do the work for him. 8)

I'm sure you will all appreciate that I have been inspired by none but the master auger himself!  ;D

Andy

octagon

How much does this dialogue define Temac! I am proud to be a member in such a great club!

eric

Hi Frank;

The Radian is yours. I'll bring it to the pilot's meeting next Wednesday. If that's not good for you, send me a PM and we'll make arrangements.

eric

Apprentice sold to ClarkY. Thanks!