New Apprentice!

Started by thehaze, May 23, 2013, 04:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

I've had one of those all my married life. Before that I just ran into trouble. Now I'm told it will happen before it does. Dosen't seem to help me avoid trouble, I still run into it. What's that about stubborn Irish? AH well such is life.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Papa on May 24, 2013, 01:36:39 PM
I've had one of those all my married life. Before that I just ran into trouble. Now I'm told it will happen before it does. Dosen't seem to help me avoid trouble, I still run into it. What's that about stubborn Irish? AH well such is life.

Jack.

Don't feel bad, Jack.  SPC didn't help Simon stay out he trees either!  :)

Andy

sihinch

Ah, but I knew it was coming, right from the moment after take-off!  :'(

Candu

This is interesting reading.

I agree with having the basic fundamental skills with everything we do but we must also recognize advancement in technology. Most cars now a days have automatic transmission. Before automatics became the norm, there were drivers who believe every driver should be able to drive with a manual transmission before a license can be issued. There are vehicles that can do parallel parking automatically now. Wondering if a driver license examiner would pass a new driver who make use of that feature...

I'm a new member to TEMAC and so far it appeared to me that this club is one of the more progressive clubs in terms of its executive's view on advancing technology and its impact on RC hobby in general.

Bobmic

....I think the basic rule will be for you to know how to do a manual parallel parking in case of malfunction before you get the keys.... This is only to ensure you roughly know what you are doing  ;D
After that you can use as many gadgets as you want as long as you have an understanding and control of what is going on.

sihinch

I still think a manual stick shift is the best way to go! Especially on the race track! Lol

battlestu

stick shift is the only way to go.... otherwise the drive into work is boring
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

You should see the size of my thigh muscle on my clutch leg after all the DVP driving!

battlestu

Quote from: sihinch on May 30, 2013, 09:19:27 AM
You should see the size of my thigh muscle on my clutch leg after all the DVP driving!

thanks for the offer  :o ... but i'm going to pass on that
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Candu

Hey, I can relate to that. I owed a VW Sirocco with 4-on-floor for 17 years, until...my wife started to drive. Also I drove up and down the DVP every day for 25 years but the VW's light cluch was very friendly to my leg muscles..

Gregor77

Still have the Scirroco!   ;D

Candu

VW don't make Siroccos any more. Mine was a 1976 model - got it brand new from the dealer and paid $5,995. What year is yours? Still drivable?