2014 Flight instruction

Started by thehaze, April 21, 2014, 11:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

It's a bit breezy. But should be ok tonight. But man where did the cold air come from?

Andy Hoffer

I ordered it from cold storage at Sentinel.  Feels great!!!  ;D

Snowballs Hoffer

Gregor77

Turned out to be another great night of instruction.  Thanks everyone for not flying other models while the students were training.   I know never the end of the night Ron and I played a bit.  But I hope everyone enjoyed it.

sihinch

I flew with Daniel and Brian, both of whom did very well and are progressing nicely.

I think we could be ready to cut the chord with these 2 very soon! Buddy chord that is.....

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on July 10, 2014, 11:03:13 AM
I flew with Daniel and Brian, both of whom did very well and are progressing nicely.

I think we could be ready to cut the chord with these 2 very soon! Buddy chord that is.....

Now that they are really winging it I'm certain that will be music to their ears!!!  ;D

Gregor77

I trained with Brian and yes, he is doing very well.   Take offs were perfect!  Landings very nice!   Maintaining a consistent pattern pretty much.  The "degraded" controller (DX4E) helped also!   Sometimes it's better to get back to the basics and eliminate all the tech when flying.  ;o)

adyg

Brian is very excited about flying rc planes and can't wait for Wed to come. He wants to focus on the maneuvers required to pass the test that would allow him to fly solo. I know that his progress wouldn't be possible without the excellent training provided by Mike, Simon and Greg so a big THANK YOU, your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Adrian

thehaze

Adrian,

It's been a lot of fun flying with Brian. Always good to share your hobbies with others. Plus in a few years he can teach me some new tricks.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Michael

I have to work late tonight.

I will not be able to be at flight-instruction tonight.

You'll all have to blame your crashes on someone else this time!  ;D
Michael

sihinch

Well, according to my forecast it may be a little windy, and we might get a few spots of rain, but training is on!

Charge you batteries, check your models, and see you at the field.  :D

Instruction starts around 6pm.

sihinch

Here we are, at another Wednesday.

The forecast that I use (see link) says 15mph winds, gusting up to 20mph.

http://www.windfinder.com/weatherforecast/buttonville_airport_toronto

I am going to head up to the field tonight, but there is a chance that training may be difficult/cancelled tonight.  Travel at your own risk!

Gregor77

I am heading over but not for too long not feeling 100% today.

Michael

Well, the weather was dark and cold and windy, but at 6:30 sharp the skies turned blue and the wind dropped a bit.

We counted 21 cars parked!

Busy night!
Michael

sihinch

Big congrats to Graham on achieving his wings!

Some great flying tonight from all the students in some challenging winds. We'll done everyone.

Loved Rob's Trojan with retracts, too.

gmcnic

Thank you very much, Simon and to all of our instructors.  (I may have exhausted you all!)
I am so happy and look forward to flying and learning more together with you and all members!
So much fun :) :D ;D !!!

Much appreciation,
Graham