Flying this Sunday, April 24 -10-am-1pm- Join in on the fun

Started by Frank v B, April 22, 2022, 09:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I will be at the field this coming Sunday from about 10 am to 1 pm.  Then I have to high-tail it up to Barrie for my son's* 31st birthday dinner. 
If you need a check flight, help with a maiden flight, trim flight or just need to get rid of an insult drop by Rogo Field.

Frank

* He is the one in the RCAF (Petawawa) and is at Base Borden in Barrie for two weeks starting Sunday.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

It was a beautiful day.  A little cool until the sun got hotter near noon and some people were a little concerned about the wind speed but a beautiful day.  Just like Friday.

Jim Spence, Cadez, Mandeep were there when I arrived at 9:30, then Adam, Mark, Karl, Graham, Jim, Mike, and Simon C. dropped by.

Here is the photo report:
125- Adam loved his E-Flite Ultimate
126- Mike flew 3 planes.
127- Jim was in charge of the commentary.
128- The other Jim came out to fly his foamy...which had a mind of its own.
129- "Look at the camera please Jim".... under his breath he said "Frank, stop bothering me with your camera".
130- .....and then it cooled down and a furry ferret wrapped itself around Mike's head.
131- "Jim, is that a pacemaker?"
133- Jim is the only member who brings his own anemometer... or is that his pulse rate? ;)
134- Karl showed up for the first time after his warm sunny cruise.  Welcome back!
135- Maidened a plane that was given to me by Rudie of the Beeton Club from a retiring member of his club.  It is a beautifully built Top Dawg from Top Flite.  A late '50's design.  Nicely powered with an Axi motor and a 40 amp Jeti ESC on 3S.  A weird flier (short-coupled and a short wing with a wide chord) but flew well.
136- a state visit from Simon Chapman.  He flies models airplanes when he is not fly fishing.
138- Simon and his newly finished Elder 40.
140- Simon's furry pilot.  Looks like the furry butt of a mouse with a face painted on it. ;D

A beautiful day.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

It was a very busy afternoon too.

I left at 5pm, and there were more than a dozen cars still parked.
Michael

Gregor77

Gregor77