Flying Friday afternoon April 29, 2:00-4:30 pm

Started by Frank v B, April 26, 2022, 09:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Am planning to be at the field this Friday afternoon.  The Stouffville forecast shows an orange ball in the sky, neither white flakes nor blue drops and 12 degrees... above zero even.  Unique!

If you need any help with maidens, check flights for new members or trim flights for first flights of the season, drop on by.  I am sure someone capable will show up to help you.  ;D

Am planning to maiden my Cloud Dancer 40 and maybe the P-40 (.60 size).  Geez.  I had a reputation of bringing small planes.  Now look at me!  :D

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Gregor77

I will try to get out there!  Looking forward to some P40 action!

GuyOReilly

I think I should take some time to bring some of my planes that need Maiden Flights...  ;)
Dunno if my boss will agree....  ???  Someone has been praying to the Weather Gods   ;D
Hopefully I can bring one of them for  quick flight.
Guy

GuyOReilly

Thank you @Frank v B for your assistance with handling the Anderson 1/2A Pylon.
I lost the tail wheel at the field, just in case someone finds a 1/2 inch wheel somewhere in the grass...  It is a long shot, I know.
Have a great day!

PS: Looking for source of intermittent rudder response.

Frank v B

What a cold beautiful day.  the photo of Glenn in his HH foul weather jacket, scarf and hat says it all.  Glenn's motto is probably "The worst day at TEMAC is better than the best day at work".

Several maidens, not all successful, were attempted. (Guy, Rob, Frank x 2).
Guy's Anderson 1/2A Anderson pylon was a little hairy but came back safely.
Rob's new plane took off and then decided get back on the ground quickly
My Cloud Dancer had a maiden but I brought it back after one circuit because of a missed input.  No sense pushing my luck.  Landed fine. Power fine.
My P-40 (.60 size on 6 S) resurrected from the basement of a store where it collected dust for about 20 years took off, gained 12" (yes, inches) of altitude.  I did not like it so landed just beyond the end of the runway.  Needed more power which David found (calibrated the ESC) and missed inputs.  I suspect a bad 4.8 volt RX battery pack.

Here are the photos:

Frank

155- An Elder- the plane, not Michael! :)  Top Flite Elder 40
156- David- timing the wind. If you didn't like the direction of the wind..wait 15 seconds until you like it.
157- Glenn at work play.
158- David's flying boat (yellow and red) and my Cloud Dancer 40 before the maiden.
159- Guy and his Anderson pylon vintage airplane before the fright flight.
160- Mark told me he was at work.  "If this is work...give me more"
161- My P-40 before its maiden.  The rubber bands hold on the temporary hatch cover so the painted one does not break during the maiden flight.  It is very brittle plastic.  The nose art should say "winter weary".
162- Peter with his Timber.
163- Jim's smile hides the comment under his breath..."Frank, get lost"

Michael

Another maiden; successful, followed by 2 more good flights.

Freewing PJ50T, twin EDF jet. 

Michael

Frank v B

More photos:
164- Paul Scuse and his (t)rusty Apprentice.
165- Rob with his new project before its maiden flight.
166- Rob again.
167- Loi and his flying buddy
168- Michael doing an operation.  The patient lived.
169- When Michael says to his friends "I have a business jet"... you better believe him.  Flew well, looked great in the air.
170- Peter dropped by for a flight.
171- Jeff flew his hotliner.  Suspect it was a Reverb.  Fassssst!
172- Kenny setting up his leaf blower.

Frank