Wed. Sept 28, 5 pm- "GOOD JUNK FROM MY TRUNK"- at least 15 planes for sale

Started by Frank v B, September 17, 2022, 10:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I am sorting through my plane collection now and will bring at least 13 planes* for sale during the President's Pizza night on Wednesday, Sept 28.  This is our last instruction night for 2022.
Photos of the planes will be posted here with a "fun pricing" price tag. 
Buying can only be done in person for cash at the field during the pizza dinner.  If more than one person wants an item, start the bidding. No reservations.

So far:
- a Great Planes Siren Warmliner (6' span, one piece wing, carbon fuse, ailerons for 3 cell 2200). PNP
- A DG 1000 power glider (6' span, plug-in wings for 3 cell 1300) PNP
- A foamy 450 Mustang (hand-launch for 3 cell 1300) PNP

If anyone else has something to sell please bring the items along for the Pizza night non-event.  ;)

Frank

* We are getting house guests the week after so it is either get rid of the planes or I sleep outside in a tent.  Tough call!  I flipped a coin. :)
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Here we go:  Group 1

1)  Great Planes Electrifly Siren Warmliner.  6' span, ailerons with individual servos, T-Tail stab.  28mm in runner, 35amp ESC (Electrifly 35 amp, 3-4 cell), folding prop.  I added a trailing rudder to help in the turns.  This plane was bought with a broken nose.  I extended the nose about 1.5" to help the conversion from brushed to brushless power. Planes designed for brushed motors tend to be tail heavy.  Flew it on 3S 2200.   Ready to fly when you add your own RX and battery. Photos 86, 87,90, 91.  Price- $60.00

2) Foam DG 1000 Power Glider with 150 watt power system.  Folding prop, ailerons, plug-in wings, 25 amp ESC.  Individual aileron servos, rudder and elevator servos installed.  Just add your own 3 cell 1300mah battery and RX and go fly.  Flies nicely.  Price $50.00    Photos 84, 85  see post of the re-build https://temac.ca/smf/index.php?topic=6902.0

3) Habu mini-jet.  two cell.  Just add a battery and bind to your TX. Flies well.  Price $30.00 See photo 92

4) Micro P-51- single cell. Just add a battery and bind to your 2.4 TX. Price $20.00 Photo 93

5) Mini- P-51- by Kangke. Includes aileron, elevator and rudder servos installed, motor, prop and 18 amp ESC.  I flew it on 3 cell 600-800 mah batteries.  Just add your own RX and battery.  Price $30.00  Photos 94,96.

These are for sale at the Sept. 28 President's Pizza night at 6 pm. (event starts at 5 pm)  Cash only, pick up at the field.  The planes are available for the stated price.  If more than one person wants a particular plane, the highest bidder wins (min $1.00 increments).

Frank

sihinch

Frank v B

Group 2

6) Sterling Li'l Roughneck 22.5" span- comes with two servos.  No motor, RX or esc.  Flew it with a E-flite 180 on 3 cells.  This was a Covid Project. Price $15.00  Photos 97, 99.  The build thread- https://temac.ca/smf/index.php?topic=7434.0

7) Micro Stick- a HobbyKing balsa kit, 22" span.  Includes motor, ESC and servos.  Add an RX and a 3 cell battery (350 mah) and fly.  Hand launch with ailerons.   Price $25.00  Photos 00, 01.

8) Great Planes Electrifly Evader sport jet-  Includes the motor (installed) and aileron servo.  No other electronics.  Fibreglass fuse, balsa built-up wing.  Uses a 40 amp ESC and flew on a 4S 2200.  Includes a hook for bungee launch.  Price- $30.00  Photos 03, 04, 05, 06.  I bought it used but never flew it.  I saw it fly and it was very fast.

Photos 03,04,05,06.

Frank v B

Simon,

No.

We would all love to see you out at Rogo Field on September 28 eating Pizza!  ;)
That's why the sale starts at 6 pm so people have a chance to fly and eat some Pizza and beat the traffic. 8)

Any plane that does not sell at Rogo Field will be posted for regular sale on our Forum.

Frank

Frank v B

Group 3:
9) Acropro- Parasol plane approx 44" span, including in runner motor (Jeti) with a 9x6 prop.  4 servos (two in the wing, rudder, elevator), Jeti ESC.  Just add your own RX and a 3 cell 2200 battery.  I flew this at Rogo about a month ago.  Fun airplane to fly.  Good second airplane.  More than enough power.  Price $50.00  photos 18, 28, 29, 30, 31.
A video someone posted:  https://vimeo.com/72990412

10) Old fibreglass fuse Speed 400 pylon racer, 32" span.  Needs work.  Price $5.00 No motor or electronics.  Photos 37, 38, 39.

11) P-40 Warhawk.  Looks like original Top Flite kit, .60 size.  Includes 6 servos, motor and prop.  No ESC, no RX.  Fixed gear.  I never got this to fly due to ESC issues.  It has flaps.
It is flyable and is fixable.  See post on our Forum https://temac.ca/smf/index.php?topic=8165.0$50.00  Photos 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Frank

Frank v B

Group 4

12) Micro-X Taylorcraft built from a kit- Motor- Super Tigre 370, 18 amp esc, aileron servos (x2), elevator and rudder servos included.  38" span.  Add your own RX and 1000-1200 mah 3 cell battery.  Price $50.00  Photos 50,51,52.  see build post https://temac.ca/smf/index.php?topic=6538.0

13) Foamy Mustang hand launch, 34" span, 150 watt motor and prop.  25 amp ESC and two Hitec servos (elevator, aileron) Fixed rudder.  Crashed on the last flight but has been glued (nose broke off, aileron broke, wing had to be re-glued)  Flies fine.  Add your own RX and 1200 mah 3 cell battery.  Price $30.00.  Photos 54, 55, 56.

14) Box of retracts, wheels.  If you find something that gets you to the finish line...$1.00 a piece.  Loose wheels a freebee. Photo 57

15) Two EDF's:
small one is 50 mm, generic.  Needs a 40 amp ESC-  $4.00
larger one is 64mm, E-Flite 480 ducted fan motor (EfLM 1555 DF), 4800 kv- $8.00  Photos 58, 59

Frank v B

A gorgeous Fokker E-3 monoplane.

Beautifully built.... because I did not build it.  ;)  Covered with Solartex, approx 48" span.  I converted it from brushed to brushless.  Plug-in wings, includes Power G-10 Turnigy, Phoenix 35 amp ESC.  I flew it on 3 cell 2200.  Gentle flyer.  It is 3 channel (rudder, elevator, throttle).  No ailerons.  Elevator and rudder servos installed.  Flying wires included with adjustment points (see photo 64)
All you need is an RX and a battery.

Price- $90.00... not a cent less or I am keeping it.

Frank

Frank v B

Last plane...... for now.  My beloved Skywriter biplane.

This was subject of our Build classes several years ago.  I believe at least 5 people built them (Jack, Bill Q, Piker, Michael, FvB).  This was the build class thread.  https://temac.ca/smf/index.php?topic=4515.150

I fly this plane twice a year.  It takes off in about 10 feet and slows down nicely for landing.  Includes motor (Turnigy 25-ish), ESC, prop, and all servos.  This plane has all four ailerons operating via 4 servos.  No connecting rods between upper and lower ailerons (cheating).  PnP- all you need is an RX and a 4 cell 2600 plus battery. 

Included is a 4 cell (4.8 volts) Nicad battery pack to power the receiver and servos.  The ESC is Opto (no BEC) and therefore requires a battery to power the electronics.  Note: I use separate battery packs on all my models that use 4-6 cells for power.  Done for safety.  If the ESC smokes, the plane can be flown to a safe landing.

Price- $100 and not a penny less or I take it home.

Photo- The Skywriter is front row, right side.  White top wing, red bottom wing.

Frank

ps: I keep the plane assembled and takes up a lot of space...something I am lacking.   ;)

Polecat

Frank  A nice lot of airplanes, are you trying to get some cash for the swap meets coming up. Woodstock Oct.2 and London Nov. 13, two good swap meets.
Pass the word around at Temac about the Swap Meets.

Ken