Flying at Rogo tomorrow (Sunday), October 15. 10am-1pm

Started by Frank v B, October 15, 2022, 12:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Planning to be there tomorrow from 10-1. 

If anyone needs help with a maiden, re-maiden or check flight I would be happy to assist.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

GuyOReilly

Pictures before @Frank v B  and I had a go at trying to fly them.

Frank v B

The previous post by Guy was the before picture.

The test flights of both of Guy's airplanes did not go well.  I fully expect a pink slip in the mail tomorrow.
The day was nice and sunny but the winds were swirling making landings very tricky.

Photo report:

12- Paul Gray gets his wings from Mark Satin.  Mark has spent several weeks standing beside Paul and giving him lots of stick time.
13- Colin prepping his plane for a maiden flight.  The flight could best be described as "squirrily"but he got it down in one piece.
14- Guy looking upwards for Divine Intervention.
15- Paul Scuse getting close to his solo flight.  He wins both the bad luck and the persistence awards this year.
16- Guy hiding behind his truckload of foam.
17- Oh the self control when I had the transmitter in my hand when Guy looked up the butt of his plane to make sure it had not ingested weeds...it had.
18- The last of 4 maidens- my new old VIP pylon racer.  It was all over the sky after launch and settled down.  When coming towards you, it was impossible to see.  It speeds up quickly and is impossible to slow down for a landing.  Had too much throw on both the ailerons and elevator.  It only needs 1/8" deflection on all surfaces.  27" wingspan and an in runner 2440 on 3 cells or about 200 watts.  Originally designed for a speed 400 brushed with about 80 watts.  Simon Chapman handled the launching duties.... very well.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Guy, the Arrow looks fantastic.  It will definitely fly... I hope to see it sometime.

BJROB

Congrats to Paul...
Yah it's been a battle but you won....
OH YAH.
Well deserved....
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Knightlite

Video of the Avro Arrow launch and the discovery of where our chairs are going.

https://youtu.be/w0-2DwTv-EE

GuyOReilly

@Knightlite  thank you for this video!  Fantastic image.  ;D
And thank you for whoever decided to place the 2 chairs in there...  >:(