A Tribute to Dr. John (Cocker)

Started by RogMason, October 27, 2022, 10:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogMason

Many of us having known Dr. John have been saddened by his recent passing.

John was an accomplished physician, entrepreneur, publisher, author, sailor, pilot, model aircraft hobbyist, story teller and so much more.

John built and flew model aircraft as well as a number of full size ultra-lite aircraft. 

While at the flying field and at meetings and fun flies John entertained us with many stories and made us laugh.

To many of us in TEMAC he was a great personal friend. John's brilliant and spontaneous 'one liners' were so funny and fitting.  There were just so many!  A couple I do recall and can share... John showed a photo of a slightly overweight version of himself on a beach in a swimsuit and said " I was sunbathing one day and members of Greenpeace came along and attempted to roll me back into the ocean!" 

In another instance, when he got his new SUV with 'auto-drive' features, he demonstrated them to us.  The car would maintain distance from the vehicle in front, accelerating when needed and braking to stay at the correct distance.  He told us that it would stop suddenly if a pedestrian were to jump out in front of it.  In fact he said try it - jump out in front of me as I drive by and it will stop by itself! Honestly it will. You can trust me, I'm a Doctor!'

He will always be remembered by his friends. 

Bruce has posted the date, time and location of Dr. John's Celebration of Life in his post preceding this one.

All are welcome.
'Roger That...'

bweaver

That's a great tribute Roger.   

Here is a link to details pertaining to Dr. John's celebration of life function being held on November 22nd.  As Roger indicated.  All are welcome.

https://temac.ca/smf/index.php?topic=8494.0