Ryerson: First training attempt Sat Feb 6 1 pm

Started by Frank v B, February 04, 2016, 07:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Our first attempt to teach the Ryerson students is this Saturday at 12:30 pm.  I have a 9 am business appointment about 10 minutes from the field so I am showing up regardless of the weather with my own plane.
My mission is to prove Andy wrong when he wrote: "Can't wait to see Forecast-Free-Frank fly in 35 kmh winds with snow !!! "  I am now pumped to go to the field and thumb my nose at Andy. ;D

Greg H. will try to show up.  He will just take a photo of us and photo-shop the flyers onto the scene of a warm sunny beach in the southern hemisphere. ;D

If the weather is awful* we will just meet at the nearest Tim's.

Frank

(cell 416-483-1394)

* meaning Andy was right...for the first time in his life! :D
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Trust me on this:

Frank really is a lovable guy once you get to know him - if you can take it!! ;D

Andy

gmcnic

Frank just called to confirm the weather is (currently) fine so we are good-to-go.
He will be at the Tim's (Woodbine/Stouffeville Rd.) around 11am before heading to the field around noon.

The plan is for wheels-up at 12:30pm.

Graham

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: gmcnic on February 06, 2016, 09:04:23 AM
Frank just called to confirm the weather is (currently) fine so we are good-to-go.
He will be at the Tim's (Woodbine/Stouffeville Rd.) around 11am before heading to the field around noon.

The plan is for wheels-up at 12:30pm.

Graham

Is that with Frank's plane flying, or lying on its back on the runway (or in the grass, or in the trees, or the mud ...) ?   ;D

Forecast:
from noon  wind 260 degrees (west) @ 15KT (27 kmh)
from 3:00 pm  wind 250 degrees (WSW) @ 15G25KT (27 kmh gusting 45 kmh)
wind chill -2 degrees C  (positively balmy)

Sweet!

Andy

thehaze

So today's lesson... flying backwards.

I'll be there as soon as I am able (around 1ish).
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.