TEMAC TICKLER - Nov. 16, 2020

Started by Michael, November 15, 2020, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Due to unusually good seasonal weather, and maintaining the official health and safety restrictions, TEMAC has been quite busy right up through mid-November. Several dozen members have been flying regularly at the field, and maintaining proper social distance and safety protocols. Now it's getting colder, windier and wetter, but soon we'll be able to fly off snow. I'm preparing some of my planes by adding skis and floats.

Of course, all official indoor and outdoor events have been cancelled for the near future, due to COVID-19 restrictions. I'll be contacting Athol to prepare an Annual General Meeting by ZOOM. Stay tuned for updates.

Please take the time to renew your membership. Athol has been doing an excellent job with TEMAC's finances and membership, but it is a lot of work. Renew early. The annual fee for renewals remains the same; $80. The best way to renew your membership for 2021 is to e-transfer funds to:

[email protected]

Visit our website forum regularly, and keep up with what's going on. Another email will be sent out soon.

Michael Rogozinsky
President, TEMAC
Michael

Georgetsigaridis

Is the email address case sensitive Michael?

Wingnutz

Michael,
Thanks so much for keeping those of us who don't make it to the field informed. FWIW, my local RC club has been similarly busy through early November, albeit on a much smaller scale than TEMAC.
Confused by the Nieuport on the current Tickler...did they actually mark some WWI Nieuports with both French(under wing) and British (fuselage) markings?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Michael

The upper case text is how Athol indicated it should be. I don't know if it's case sensitive, but just in case, do it that way.

I have no idea about the Nieuport.
Michael

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Wingnutz on November 16, 2020, 07:31:58 PM
Michael,
Thanks so much for keeping those of us who don't make it to the field informed. FWIW, my local RC club has been similarly busy through early November, albeit on a much smaller scale than TEMAC.
Confused by the Nieuport on the current Tickler...did they actually mark some WWI Nieuports with both French(under wing) and British (fuselage) markings?

Hey @Wingnutz,

Good eye ROFF!!  8)

Andy

Wingnutz

@Andy Hoffer aka Snow.....
Hi Andy! Glad to hear from you! Still flying big planes too?
Got a new plane a week ago...bigger than my others...9900mm wingspan but it's wet fuel, so can't talk much about it here!
Be well...everybody!

GuyOReilly

Quote from: Wingnutz on November 17, 2020, 11:18:04 AM
@Andy Hoffer aka Snow.....
Got a new plane a week ago...bigger than my others...9900mm wingspan but it's wet fuel, so can't talk much about it here!
@Wingnutz , just looked at the data file, the wingspan: 33 ft 2 in (10.11 m)
Slightly larger than the quoted 9,900 mm at 10,110 mm.

Wingnutz

Andy, you must have been an engineer! My 9900 was an estimate...

GuyOReilly

Quote from: Wingnutz on November 17, 2020, 02:00:21 PM
Andy, you must have been an engineer! My 9900 was an estimate...
Not to take anything away from Andy....   ::)  BUT, I am the one who brought this to your attention...   ;D
Guy.

Wingnutz

Oops! Sorry Guy...my glasses fogged up 'cos I'm wearing a mask (no excitement here, I'm not in the midst of robbing a bank!)