Flying with TEMAC’s “Ghost Squadron” - Fri. Oct. *4*

Started by Richard_RC_Guy, October 04, 2019, 02:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard_RC_Guy

-

davidk

I arrived at 12:18 and saw Mark... but felt there was a recent presence... and now that makes sense as Richard left behind his ghost flier.  I had one flight and then Glenn arrived.

We watched Mark flying his copter... a very good show... and spent the afternoon begging the sun to come out which is did around 3:30.  Mark left and then Alex arrived.

Straight North wind, not too much - just enough - and with flaps the Timber and Tundra performed floating exercises in landing.  The most fun was with very short circuits and touch and go's.  Take off quickly, zip around a short circuit, into the wind, throttle down to almost a stop with the wind, touch down and then go again.  Excellent day... cold... but excellent.

Frank v B

Richard,

Are you OK? 
You have just proven there is a fine line between "being committed" and "should be committed" ;D

Frank

I know, us working stiffs are just jealous you can do this. 8)
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Re: Photo 5 - Unidentified aircraft belonging to one of the Ghost Squadron. Does anybody recognize the type of aircraft here?

@Richard_RC_Guy I know you are relatively new to the hobby, but the Ghost Squadron aircraft in question is a 'Shadow'. They are absolutely useless for night flying, rarely seen at the field on heavily overcast days, rarely get off the ground, yet commonly get bent up (experience hanger rash) as the owner carelessly moves it around the flying field in front of him, beside him, behind him without giving it a second thought.  In many instances they are stepped on by absent minded club individuals attending the field.   

I found a rare photo of one flying on Google Images.

Frank v B

Richard,

re: "So clearly I have not crossed the "crazy line" (at this point in time)  ;)"

well....try harder.... and join me!! ;D

Frank

bweaver

Quote from: Richard_RC_Guy on October 05, 2019, 07:33:30 PM
Quote from: Frank v B on October 04, 2019, 10:36:29 PM
Richard,

Are you OK?  ......

Hi @Frank v B:

Thanks for concern but yes I am OK. I'm really encouraged by @bweaver's new photographic evidence of the "Shadow" airplane (regarding my Photo #5). So clearly I have not crossed the "crazy line" (at this point in time) ;)

@Richard_RC_Guy , you are far from crazy. 

You could take some lessons on how to rotate photos though, or was their orientation in the original post due to some other phenomena?  ;D

Frank v B

Bruce,

re:"You could take some lessons on how to rotate photos though.."

I just think Richard is trying to conjure up some evil spirits like Andy H.  Nothing like butchering photographs to get Andy to join the conversation. ;) 8)

Frank

davidk

Quote from: Richard_RC_Guy on October 05, 2019, 07:53:53 PM
It's an iPhone issue and to be quick I just posted the iPhone photos in reduced size but sadly they are not properly rotated due to iPhone errors and for sure that is driving me crazy (but still have not crossed the line)  ;D

Whew... I thought it was me...

Frank v B

So now we have four seasons/groups within the TEMAC umbrella:

Normal people/working stiffs
Morning Crew
Ghost Squadron
SnoBalls (not normal :D)

Frank