Off to the Trenton Air Museum today

Started by Frank v B, August 10, 2019, 09:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

My wife and I are driving to Trenton today to have lunch with our son who is in from Winnipeg.  We will do the air museum again.  Last time it was snow and ice so we could not see the planes parked outside.  Will post some photos of the planes.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying

Frank v B

Saw some neat planes.  Someone made full size copies of the following TEMAC airplanes:
- Michael's DC 3- photo 979
- Glenn's Hurricane photo 980
- Rob's Spitfire photo 981 and 984

Photo 982 is in honour of Simon H.'s dad- a Hawker Hunter.
Photo 8933 shows some random guy in front of the restored Halifax bomber

Frank

Frank v B

Almost forgot the most important photo... that of Andy Hoffer's Office.  A Cessna 150.

Frank

RogMason

Nice shots Frank.
Aren't we lucky to have not one but two, world class air museums within driving distance of Toronto?  Great exhibits at both.

John Dutkoski, Johns son Brian and myself, went to Edenvale yesterday (Saturday 10th Aug).  The full size Avro Arrow has its new home there. Not much else from the old Canadian Aerospace museum at Downsview made it there ( yet). Maybe there is hope, we'll see.

However the day was excellent.  The Arrow mock up was magnificent. HUGE! When you see the size of this thing, you realize what an impressive venture the original was by Canadian aviation designers. 

Multiple light aircraft in attendance and a couple of warbird trainers - 2 Harvard's, a Cornell and many DH types also. Tiger Moth(s) of course and something I've never seen before, the DH 87a, basically a four seat Tiger Moth!  It was an actual legit type. I wasn't aware of it before yesterday. If any of you guys know about this rare aeroplane, I'd love to hear from you?
And for you classic car fans, a huge collection of classic American cars, British sports cars and some exotic oldies ( including John).
I'll resize and post some photos of the event later today.   Worth a vist next year👍
'Roger That...'