Bloody Baron builds

Started by Canuke, January 04, 2022, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuke

I am building some FT bloody barons for the morning crew. The idea is to have some combat with them in the Spring.
In fact it is probably my all time favourite rc plane. It is cheap to make, ( Dollarama, 3 sheets of foam board) has a interchangeable power pod and is a wonderful flyer. It can be mild (3 cell 1300) or wild (4 cell 1300). It easily fits into my car and I have one in there at all times in case I want to have a quick fly.

Gregor77

Cool, we could use those for the Sunday morning crew!  lol!

Georgetsigaridis

Have you taken individual orders Jim or just building a bunch?

Canuke

I really haven't thought the whole thing thru. Of the morning crew Bruce has picked up his. He brought me all of the necessary materials and I built and returned it to him. I built a complete model for Moshe and he is going to give me the parts he has (servos etc.) and he and I are going to work out a price. I built one for Andy. He is going to give me all the power parts (I used my servos) and he and I will work out a price. The current build (above) I don't believe has a owner yet. I have servos and a 40A ESC but I'm probably going to have to get some pieces to finish it.

Georgetsigaridis

Ok Put my name on it and let me know what I owe you.
Thanks

Canuke

George. Flitetest have the Bloody Baron for sale $30 US. As a complete kit. This is a much easier way to build it. They also sell other related items that help in build projects. If you want to order it in I would build it for you. You also need a power pack, servos, suitable motor, esc and receiver if you don't have these items. If you decide to go this route let me know and we can look at their site to see what else they have that could be ordered at the same time.

Georgetsigaridis

Thanks for the info Jim. I will have a look at their site and also check my local hobby shop as well.

GuyOReilly

Canuke

Yes, that is the correct model.

Canuke

I've ordered in the parts from Amazon that are needed to complete the planes. They will be arriving today or tomorrow except for the receivers which won't be here for a couple of weeks. We can work out the details of the sale at a later date.

Canuke

I've completed the builds on 2 Bloody Barons. Both have a 40amp esc so both would fly with 3 or 4 cells. I fly them with a 1300 battery but larger batteries would fit in the power pod as well. I have on order 2 receivers that would complete them. One plane is all white and one has a red, white and blue wing. I would prefer to wait until the receivers come in and I can set them up and make sure things work before selling them. I would want $100 for each. I might keep one as a spare unless someone else wants the other.