**CANCELLED** NEW YEAR'S get-together...apart- 10 am Jan. 1, 2023 at Rogo Field

Started by Frank v B, December 11, 2022, 12:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

....as is my 33 year tradition of flying on New Year's day...

I will fly at Rogo Field 10 am Jan 1, 2023- rain, snow, sleet, sun or rain.
Come join me.  It will make all your other decisions next year look brilliant.  Everything in life is relative.

Will start at Tim's Woodbine at 9:30 am, be at Rogo at 10 am and probably return to Tim's about 15 minutes later if the weather is bad. 8)

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

GuyOReilly

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) I will be in Montreal celebrating the New Year with family and will be unable to attend.
Please take pictures.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Frank v B

Guy, 

re:your "(or fortunately depending on your point of view)"  I know you are wondering whether we would be celebrating a "Guy-Free New Year's Funfly".
It would be much more fun if you were here.

Safe trip and safe home.

Frank

Frank v B

It looks like I will not be able to make it to Rogo Field on New Year's Day so have to go to plan B

Will put the Cessna L-19 build on hold tomorrow* and speed-build a 20" span Guillow's Super Cub as a rubber powered free-flight airplane.  Will fly it in my back yard on New Year's Day 10 am.
I have the owner's permission. ;)

Frank

* hoping to finish the L-19 main wing structure today.

BJROB

I'm not sure we can't fly. I just drove past the ROGO field. There were a number of cars Parked and planes in the air.
Who's flying at midday? See you at New Year's Day
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Frank v B

I will not be at Rogo Field New Year's Day.

I have renewed my MAAC* and Temac membership (sorry!) but will observe the "no fly" guidance at Rogo.

Frank

* when my wife did the MAAC application it asked "how many planes do you have?  I asked her to tick off the "not enough" box.
When she wanted a number, I said "40!".  She gave me that "Liar" look and put down 50.  :)