Open house at YLAB Richmond Hill

Started by Knightlite, March 10, 2024, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightlite

Maker Space Open House! At the David Dunlap Observatory!

Tuesday, march 12, 2024 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
David Dunlap Observatory

This is the maker space I am a member of. This is where I laser cut the firewall out of plywood for the Flybaby and laser cut the foam board for some of the FliteTest planes I made. If you would like to see it send me a message and I will RSVP to make sure they have enough cookies.

Details: MAKER SPACE OPEN HOUSE! IN PERSON! 18 YEARS AND UP - NOT FOR KIDS. Come out to our open house, and see what the maker space is all about. We'll be running demos of our laser cutter, 3D printers, CNC, electronics, Arduino and more. And making useful things out of other old things. You'll see some of the projects our members have been working o...

Fisherj

This sounds very interesting! I too started out on Flite test models. I have moved onto designing my own (foam board) still using Flite Test build methodology. Some of my design/builds would be easier if I could make some pieces using laser cutting/3d printing......... I am very interested indeed.
Jeff

Knightlite

Next Open House is March 19th, 2024 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM.

I intend to be at this one and laser cut the plywood for my Super Dimona cockpit.

Fisherj

Oooops that would be just about now. what are next dates in April?
thanks

Bridger

Yes, I too would be interested in seeing/joining , any datess in April to take a look at what you guys do?

Knightlite

Looks like any Tuesday Between 7:30 and 9:00

Bridger

Great to hear any Tuesday is open for visit, Is the location: David Dunlap Observatory? or somewhere else?