What would you like to build?

Started by rc technics, July 18, 2021, 12:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc technics

Here is an open question.   If there was a built up kit you would like to build either a kit at was in production and is no longer available or something completely new and you would like to see a kit, what would it be??

What size would it be?
Any features to be included in the kit and design?

Example;
68in Span hawker hurricane, electric powered, retracts, flaps. Wing and tail to be jig built, fuselage to be a box substructure. Plug in outer wing panels, top hatch, precut mounts for recommend equipment.

GuyOReilly

I would love a kit of the Lancaster bomber.
The cutting of all those ribs, fuselage formers, twin fins and rudders, have placed the project on hold for so long.
See the plan and my build thread. https://temac.ca/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7430.0;attach=32910
Of course, proper retracts would be needed.
A single piece wing is required because of the 4 engines and all that wiring for servos.
Perhaps adding the following features:
1- bomb bay doors with bomb drop mechanism
2- flaps for ease of landing
3- rotating turrets and moving guns
4- formers to make molds for a canopy and other plastic turrets and tail gunner.
5- design weight approximately 6 pounds

octagon

Hi Guy,
Here is a link to a kit. I think it is the one Glenn built.
https://www.sarikhobbies.com/
It seems the link is not complete but you will find the kit at this site.
What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

2 meter Albatross, Widgeon or Canadair Waterbomber, with waterproof retract system. Laser cut kit.

—-

1.6 to 2 meter Sky Arrow.

—-

1.6 to 2 meter Beechcraft Model 18

Michael

sihinch

1.5m Fairey Firefly! I have some plans but would love a kit.

rc technics

Beech d18. There's a good idea.

Quote from: Michael on July 25, 2021, 05:44:45 PM
2 meter Albatross, Widgeon or Canadair Waterbomber, with waterproof retract system. Laser cut kit.

—-

—-

octagon

Kit Cutters make a Beech 18. I think it has about a 100 inch span so way to big for Rogo or I would go for it. I asked if they could make a smaller version but they said no.
What could possibly go wrong?

rc technics

Here is a sneak peak of a new project.  This is a 1/8 scale Beechcraft D18/ C45 around 72in span.  I'm designing it for a single 6s lipo, plugging outer wing panels, retracts, flaps.

I'm hoping to have this available in limited numbers as a built up kit by late spring. Includes CNC cut balsa, ply, carbon, G10 parts with 3d printed cowls, tail cone, gear doors.   

Quote from: Michael on July 25, 2021, 05:44:45 PM

—-

—-

Michael

Michael

Frank v B

Paul,

Great to hear from you.  Hope you have been doing well during Covid.  Sorry we have not have any TEMAC funflys so you can do your noon demos.

I am game for one...a bit depending on the price*.

Frank

* At home, if abuse is proportional to price... there is only so much I can stand.  :P

For those of you who have never met Paul, he is a friend of TEMAC and is/was a JR demonstration pilot.  He used to put on noon shows during our annual TEMAc Funfly event.
I met him when he first came over from England and had to test him for his club check/test flight.  Ya think he passed?
He has been on the Canadian F3P (RC indoor electric Aerobatics) team for several world championships.  Will try to find a photo of him and post it.
"Never trade luck for skill"

msatin

1M-1.2m Wingspan Chipmunk Laser cut kit
You never fail until you stop trying

Gregor77

Fokker D7 1/6 scale... easier to move around.

Michael

Hey guys, the request for ideas was last summer. You're late.

The Beech is already in development, it seems.

Michael

rc technics

I'm still open for suggestions.

I may do a DH88 Comet after the D18.

A chipmunk is one on my list.

Michael

Michael