Groan....

Started by thehaze, June 07, 2013, 03:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imran13

The Mosquitos look epic :D
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

pmackenzie

Nice photos. I intended to go to this , but it didn't work out. :'(

Missed two of my favourite warbirds - the Me262 and the Mosquito.
Both are replicas, but that only slightly diminishes their coolness

I have an old K&S models kit for the 262. One of these days I will have to put it together.

Pat MacKenzie

Wingnutz

Quote from: pmackenzie on June 16, 2013, 06:24:28 PM
Nice photos. I intended to go to this , but it didn't work out. :'(

Missed two of my favourite warbirds - the Me262 and the Mosquito.
Both are replicas, but that only slightly diminishes their coolness

I have an old K&S models kit for the 262. One of these days I will have to put it together.

Pat MacKenzie

Pat,
Calling Mosquito KA114 (serial number assigned when the aircraft was built here in Toronto) a "replica" seems a bit harsh. KA114 is the aircraft which flew in the Hamilton Airshow this weekend. It was built at Downsview late in WWII, sold as surplus after the war and after passing through a couple of owners went through a lengthy restoration in New Zealand where it was given RNZAF markings.
Seeing the original (and the restoration)used a lot of wood, there's probably not much of the original material left in the restoration, but KA 114 has roots, history and de Havilland bloodline. A replica doesn't necessarily have any of these.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

pmackenzie

I thought it was like the Me262, made from scratch.
Thanks for the correction.

I did know it was made in the same fashion as the originals, not some sort of fibreglass replica.
(Or worse some sort of flying beer cooler in the shape of an airplane ;D)

Pat MacKenzie

Wingnutz

Beer cooler in the shape of an airplane! Gotta find one of those! ;D
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

pmackenzie

Easy to find them on the flight line at Rogo.......

(I have a couple myself as well  :-[)

bfeist

You guys can thank me for the perfect flying weather this morning. I injured my leg. Nothing serious, but there's no way I could load the car.
See you at Kingston next week!

Ben

Gregor77

Crazy weather. Had a car show at work and barely made it Home from the rain. It's now clear?