New Year's flying!

Started by Frank v B, December 15, 2015, 09:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyking

So are youse guys still planning on going to the field tomorrow?
Actually, I can.

Frank v B

Ken,

Re: if we are going to the field tomorrow?

....from my original post:

"I will be there to fly no matter what the weather brings.  Even if the flight only lasts 30 seconds.  Andy wants to spend at least 3 hours.  Optimist!!" 8)

The probability of either Andy or me finding our sanity in the next few hours is zero!  We will be there!!

Schedule:  9:15 I will be at Tim's Woodbine and Stouffville Road, 10 am be at the field.  10:01 head back to Tim's without Sno'Balls. ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Skyking

Actually, I can.

Andy Hoffer

Rolling runway 404, departure straight ahead!   ;D

Snowballs

Frank v B

Happy New Year!!!!

16 brave souls showed up at the field this morning.  The early morning meeting at Tim's was attended by Andy, Glenn, Bill Q., Oscar and Ken Ross.
We were met at the field by Cadez, Greg H., Dave from Pinnacle, Mike Brodie, John Auch, Jim Spence, Bruce Weaver, Rob D., and two more (Andy's photos will identify them.)
The runway was covered in Hoffer Dandruff with a gusty wind from the west that only showed at altitudes higher than 30 feet because of the trees.

and regarding Andy's Dec 20 post:
"Yikes!  The forecast for New Year's Day is TERRIBLE - PLUS three degrees!  What's the Winter Wonderland coming to?  This climate change stuff is bad news!  I may have to wear a bathing suit! ":D

Andy and I wore bathing suits.

This confirms this club has 16 passionate model flyers or, as our dear wives refer to us, "idiots".

Frank

bweaver

:o  What a turn out.  Great time.  Great Gang. Great start to a new year.  All best wishes to everyone.

Edit made to make Andy 'not wonky'.  Really he said he only drank coffee.

Frank v B

re: the photo of Andy at Tim's.

Don't be too hard on Andy and his bathing suit.  I bought it for him.  It escaped from Goodwill.   I know... still too conservative. :)

Frank

Andy Hoffer

We really are a classy bunch of guys!!  What a beautiful way to start the new year!!

And thanks to all who renewed their TEMAC memberships today.  Much appreciated.

Special thanks to Frank for his designer haute couture swimwear for our Sports Illustrated cover shot. ;D

Snowballs Hoffer

Wingnutz

Good fun, even with ROGO west wind turbulence...
Probably a good thing that Andy and Frank wore their bathing suits...could have been their birthday suits! :o
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

Great turn out guys!  Sorry I couldn't make it as we were partying until 5:00am.

However, talking about bathing suits...  I had mine on yesterday as well, as we started a new tradition on William Point Road.  About 8 of us went for a New Years Day swim in the lake.  It was short, but very refreshing!  Then Champagne and orange juice in the hot tub... then chilly and beer and the Winter Classic hockey game...

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Wingnutz on January 02, 2016, 06:28:54 AM
Good fun, even with ROGO west wind turbulence...
Probably a good thing that Andy and Frank wore their bathing suits...could have been their birthday suits! :o

Darn!  How could I have not thought of that!  We'd have gone absolutely viral!! 

Next time we'll have to consult Beer Bottle Bill.   ;D

Andy