TEMAC Tickler - January 2022 news

Started by Michael, January 15, 2022, 03:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Happy New Year to all members and friends!

Despite the preponderance of cold and windy winter weather, many TEMAC members have been keeping themselves busy within the hobby. Almost any day without extreme conditions has seen activity at the field. Lots of models have been flying off the snow and ice, with floats, skis and wheels. There have even been a number of jets being flown.

Also, there's been a fair amount of old-fashioned balsa (and Styrofoam) model building in our hobby workshops. A few members have been posting their progress on the TEMAC website forum. I enjoy reading and following these; I pick up building techniques and I know what new models to anticipate seeing flying at the field in the coming months.

This Tickler-newsletter is a reminder that membership dues for 2022 have to be paid, in order to retain flying privileges at TEMAC (of course, 2022 MAAC membership is also required). For those of you who have already paid for your 2022 membership, I look forward to see you flying at the field. Please note that only current members will receive these email newsletters going forward.

We remind our members that the field remains open all year round, so enjoy yourselves, but continue to be safe, and follow our ongoing COVID protocols (social distancing, masks in close contact situations, no organized activities, etc.)  Your 2021 membership remains valid until the end of January 2022, however, you can renew now, by e-transfer. Send payment ($80 renewal) to: [email protected]  Cheers to everybody,   Michael, TEMAC President

Michael