90MM Vampire

Started by Skyking, March 31, 2014, 08:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyking

Hi Guys,

Hoping for some advice here.
1.  This Vampire has 4 flaps driven by 4 separate servos. How do you connect them to the radio?
Can I do 2 "T" connections into a 3rd "T" which will go to the receiver flap channel? I know that I could mix another channel to the flap channel but I need the other channel for the airbrakes.

2.  This bird has 12 mini servos and 3 electric retracts. It's an opto system so I think that I need to power the receiver separatly right?  That being so.... What battery should I get? How many cells and Mahs? Will it have a connector that will go in the battery port of the receiver?

I' m hoping that you guys will have some answers for me.

Thanks,

Ken
Actually, I can.

sihinch

My 2c....

Yes you can do the flaps as described, with multiple T connectors.

Get a 2S LiFe battery for the rx. It will come with a plug that goes straight to the rx. I have 2 from HK, a 600mAh and 1000mAh. I think the 1000mAh would be fine.

Now I'll let the experts answer.

Ededge2002

Although you could use Y cables but it would be much easier to set up if the radio did the work for you. What radio did you have in mind for this project?  Our radios have some amazing abilities and you might as well use them. Once the TX and number of channels is established we can go from there.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Wingnutz

Hey Ken!
So that's where all your loot from the AMAC swap went! Sounds like a really neat model...what make? Do you have a motor/fan unit already? How many S?
If you run all the flaps off of one channel, you'll need to be careful to orient/wire them appropriately or run the risk of half of them going up while the other half go down...but you've probably figured that out already. I had that happen with the elevator servos on my Fly Fly...would have made for interesting roll performance!
PS...when do we get to see the FW?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Skyking

Thanks everybody for your feedback.
I'm using my 8 channel Spectrum radio and need all 8 channels so there is only one for the flaps.
Guess what? Ron at Pinnacle built me a quad connector in about 5 mins so the flap problem is fixed.
This Vampire is the new one from HK. comes with Dr Madthrust 90mm fan/motor and 100Amp speed control. retacts, flaps, airbrake, 12 or 13 mini metal gear servos.  Fibreglass Fuse and booms, wood wings and horizontal tail.
The instructions are rubbish.
I did my first ever review on the HK web sight about this bird. If you read it you will see that I have my concerns.  I hope that it is going to be OK.
Bill,
the Flitzer is ready and I'm going to paint it and bring it out to fly.
Maybe we should have a "maidenfest" like some other clubs have done.
Simon,
Thanks for the battery info.

Think up!
Ken
Actually, I can.