trainer for Saturday 22

Started by imran1042, September 16, 2012, 06:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imran1042

Hi
this is Imran, could any trainers train me, my friend and my brother on Saturday the 22nd
thanks
Any day at the field is a good day :)

battlestu

lets keep our eyes on the weather... if it's nice i'll be there at around 1:00 - 2:00pm
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

imran1042

Ok thanks Greg, is it possible for me to bring my Spitfire, could we do trainer on that? I really want to fly it, i use a dx4e with it...

Imran

Gregor77

This is the other Greg...  :o

Is this the Parkzone bigger one or the E-flite micro one? 

From past experience and other members can comment.  That plane is a bit of a handful.  I would put it on the shelf and stare at it for a bit first.  Give yourself a bit more time with the trainer.

I know that you have been using the sim.  But that plane needs a DX6i or better to be set up properly.  As anyone that flies warbirds.  A bit tuff.

Once you can fly the cessna no problems and landings are good.  Tail draggers are a bit different and the plane can stall quickly if you don't take off fast enough.  I have done it a few times and it put a tear in my eye.  Nothing like painting all night and having the plane spin on take off and go nose into the grass.   

I don't want to see that thing break conisidering we have a whole season of flying BF109's and Spitfires around.  Let's just wait a bit on the spit. 

Not being mean, just trying to make sure you go home with a cool plane and not a pile of foam bits.

imran1042

thanks for the advice. it is the parkzone Mk iX 40 something inch wingspan. i have had the spitfire for a month now and have not got it in the air yet so i really want to. i might be going to temac tomorrow as we met a trainer at a hobby store and he said he is going to be there tomorrow and he can train us, not sure what his name is but if we go and i successfully take off, fly and land my Cessna a few times with no problem then i will take my spitfire and Cessna on sat. But I will consider What you said.
thanks
Imran

sihinch

Imran,

Your enthusiasm is certainly admirable!

I'm sure we'll manage to get your Spitfire in the air this year, but I think we'll probably have to do it with a buddy-box. You really need to learn how to fly safely and in a club environment, with a trainer type aircraft, and get your wings before you move on to aircraft like the Spitfire.

Like Greg said, all aircraft fly and behave differently and you really need to learn the basics with a forgiving aircraft before you move on to warbirds. I know you don't want to wreck your Spitfire.

Let's get you through the training program step by step and work towards the Spit.

Cheers,
Simon

Andy Hoffer

Hi Imran:

I have sent you a personal message (see My Messages on main menu above).  Please respond when you get a moment.

Thanks

Andy Hoffer
Secretary-Treasurer, TEMAC

imran1042

Quote from: sihinch on September 18, 2012, 09:42:20 PM
Imran,

Your enthusiasm is certainly admirable!

I'm sure we'll manage to get your Spitfire in the air this year, but I think we'll probably have to do it with a buddy-box. You really need to learn how to fly safely and in a club environment, with a trainer type aircraft, and get your wings before you move on to aircraft like the Spitfire.

Like Greg said, all aircraft fly and behave differently and you really need to learn the basics with a forgiving aircraft before you move on to warbirds. I know you don't want to wreck your Spitfire.

Let's get you through the training program step by step and work towards the Spit.

Cheers,
Simon

Ok