Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

I will stop in from 12-2 and hope the mud isn't too bad. If it is I might bail out early
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Gregor77

Bobmic

Has anyone flown at Temac today?
I was planning to go tomorrow morning and was wandering how was the field.

thx,
Bobby

sihinch

I was there. The drive up to the barrier is OK, but there are parts of it where the gravel is under water. I didn't go to the end of the drive.

The field is soft and there is a river across the north end of the runway.

Because the ground is soft the areas around the tables is vulnerable.  I tried to limit my time there and varied sides.

Bobmic

Thx, sound like we should stay away for a while...:(

Papa

Thank you Bobby, there is more rain forecast for Sunday.
We need about a week of warm weather and high winds to start dying out and a work party to open the drains.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

piker

I stopped by today and tried to avoid the water and mud the best I could.  I was there to pick up my new plane from Ed... Saweet!   ;D

And Ed let me take a few laps with his Nooner.  Flies very nicely, although I'm used to more gentle aileron throws.  It made me anxious to get building my Nooner.

Ededge2002

Quote" Ed let me take a few laps with his Nooner. Flies very nicely, although I'm used to more gentle aileron throws. It made me anxious to get building my Nooner."

That was my goal! 

Andy Hoffer

Hi Guys:

Despite the gray overcast, the rain held off and provided great flying today at TEMAC!  Bill and I were treated to a master class by the great Greg Cadez who stopped by to show us the finer points of flying a Tim Horton's coffee cup!  Amazing!!  Thanks Greg!

Andy

Ededge2002

Didn't get out to witness this amazing coffee cup flight. Was it even better than this one?

Stopped engine aerobatics

Wingnutz

Flew at ROGO this morning and Saturday morning. Field surface was still frozen on Sat. a.m. but not today.
Sat, Ken Ross was there to maiden his Super Decathlon. I flew my Seawind yesterday, and today a Polaris...both seaplanes(okay, so technically they're flying boats) and both handled the bumpy, mushy field better than Greg's Tim Horton's cup!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

sihinch

How was the driveway/pits area after the warm weather on Saturday?  On Friday there was a stream across the field.

Wingnutz

No streams Sunday...gravelled part of driveway was fine. Grass is mucky where there's been foot traffic.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on March 31, 2013, 08:15:37 PM
Didn't get out to witness this amazing coffee cup flight. Was it even better than this one?

Stopped engine aerobatics

I remember this clip.  It is one of my favourite aerobatics videos.  Bob Hoover really is superb, but alas, he's still in second place behind Greg and his Timmy's cup routine! :) (Thanks for sharing this.)

Andy

Skyking

I was fortunate in that I saw Bob Hoover do this routine live in person in California years ago ( about 1971). When he came by on the deck( about 3 or 4 feet altitude) with the engines feathered all you could hear was the "woosh" of the air  and then he pulled up did the loop then a roll and then the landing on one wheel then the other.
He rolled down the runway to the middle of the crowd and turned the plane to face us, opened the door , got out and bowed---all with dead engines! I'll always remember that flight.
Earlier he flew the Rockwell sponsored P-51 Mustang and I didn't realize that the flying field had a dip in it until he disappeared below the level of the ground and all you could see was his vertical tail scooting along.
Hoover was wingman to Chuck Yeager during WW2 and they stayed friends long after.

Incredible talent
Actually, I can.