Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

Ok so I guess Ken can now say "We we warned"

:o
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

Hours till the weekend starts!  I suspect its going to be a busy one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUSxKPbwTYY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

"I think this baby is gonna fly!"
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

Ed - what are you doing to us? Have you lost your mind????

Ededge2002

I figured there might be a few hanger queens out this weekend...

Oh and was there question about me losing my mind??  That ship has sailed buddy

Papa

This prooves, once and for all, that you have way too much time on your hands.

You need a hobby to keep you occupied!

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

thehaze

Well this thread has finally hit rock bottom

Ededge2002

Quote from: thehaze on May 17, 2013, 06:33:10 PM
Well this thread has finally hit rock bottom

Do I get credit or blame for that?

It is after all a rule now to have your wings...  hence "always with wings" hahahaha

thehaze

thehaze

Despite the windier than forecast conditions, there were quite a few members at the club. None of which were "active"  ;)

Highlights included some nooner lap practice, on one occasion we had 5 planes racing at the same time. I think the Nooner racing  is going to be a lot of fun, the chosen model is a very good flyer, and it is very stable going around the course.

After stressing about it for a while, I finally maidened my Sundowner 36 Ef-1 racer. It went really well. And I'm really happy with the model.

All in all, a great way to start a long weekend.

Gregor77

I wish I could have flown. Tomorrow for sure!

Polecat

Quote from: thehaze on May 18, 2013, 08:31:19 PM
Despite the windier than forecast conditions, there were quite a few members at the club. None of which were "active"  ;)

Highlights included some nooner lap practice, on one occasion we had 5 planes racing at the same time. I think the Nooner racing  is going to be a lot of fun, the chosen model is a very good flyer, and it is very stable going around the course.

After stressing about it for a while, I finally maidened my Sundowner 36 Ef-1 racer. It went really well. And I'm really happy with the model.

All in all, a great way to start a long weekend.

Mike That's great the SD maiden went well for you, a much better design than the Pogo.

Ken

thehaze

Yes, it is.

The Pogo was excellent in the air but a nightmare on the ground.

The Sundowner tracked much nicer on the ground. And the ailerons had more authority in the air. The Pogo rolled very slowly, I setup the SD as per the manual, but I think I'm going to reduce my rates a bit or increase my expo, as it rolled much quicker.

Hard to tell which one was faster though. My guess is that the Pogo went a few mph faster in the air.

sihinch

Well, 2 more successful maidens for me this weekend - or more accurately re-maidens.

I flew the HK Lancaster for the first time. It crashed on take-off last time I tried, so I got my Handlaunching-Assistant to "give it a firm toss!"

And I flew Michael's old Super Chipmunk for the first time.  Obvisouly Michael had flown it before, but it was new to me.  Amazing plane, I loved it.

Gregor77

It was a great weekend!  I missed Sat - Sunday, but had a good full day of flying my H9 Camel "Roy Brown" and the Great planes 40 size 80" cub. This was a maiden for that plane and it was perfect.  A bit over powered and the esc was getting a bit warm. I am going to reduce the prop to a 13X8E.  But none the less it flew very well.  The wind really picked up and unfortunately it flipped the plane and I broke the tip of the rudder.  >:(

Ededge2002

As the warbirds day event has been canceled and I've already charged batteries....

Who is going to fly tomorrow anyway?    I plan in going out and doing a little battling with the wind!

Its the battle of the wind funfly!

Bring out your battled and weary and challenge yourself to fly when no one else will!