Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Another fantabulous day at TEMAC!

Non-stop flying from noon on.

Simon and I had a mid-air, both planes landed safely.
Don't worry Simon, I'll repair it for you!  :)

Sorry you missed it Robert.
Michael

sihinch

I feel terrible about your plane Michael.

Michael

I had a great weekend, and a great day.

Don't worry about it Simon; it was nobody's fault, and these things happen.

It was literally wonderful to be at TEMAC today.
Michael

Ededge2002

Quote from: sihinch on September 08, 2013, 10:32:42 PM
I feel terrible about your plane Michael.

I missed this incident but I can assure you Simon no one is to blame here.  The massive size difference between the two planes would have made it quite difficult to predict they would hit.  Plus neither of the planes is a total loss and that easily could have been the case.  The fact that your both taking the credit for this shows your stand up guys and is commendable.

Today was an air traffic controllers nightmare!

http://youtu.be/h4WF7sLuwio
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Papa

Sounds more like the hooligans showed up LOL.

Midairs?? Never had them in the old days!

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Gregor77

My bus lady from Markham was looking for me and said no one was at the field?  Shame. It was a nice night.

piker

I finally made it out for a Wednesday evening of flying and I was all alone.  That's O.K., as I was thee for a new age approach to flying with only one plane...my 17 year old (recently recovered, so like new), 2 metre, polyhedral, rudder and elevator, powered glider (very much like the one that was auctioned off at the TEMAC Fun Fly but with a modest 250w/lb).

The wind calmed right down (to my surprise) and I flew, non-stop, for about an hour and a half (two flights) until it was almost completely dark.  It was the type of flying where I could lounge in a chair, eat my Cheesies and drink a Coke while occasionally redirecting the path of the plane.  Not the most exciting type of flying, but certainly a nice way to spend a late summer's evening at the field, and a type of flying that is very pure in it's simple, quiet, basic aerodynamic approach to keeping a model aircraft in the air.  Very Zen   :)

Richard arrived at the beginning of my second flight and kept me company until it was getting very hard to see the plane and I had to land.

Good times   ;D

Robert

Michael

Quote from: piker on September 12, 2013, 10:30:15 AM
...  Very Zen   :)

Robert

Did you hear about the Zen hotdog vendor at Bloor and Yonge?

His cart said "hotdogs; $3. each"

So I ordered a hotdog, with mustard.

He gave me the hotdog, and I gave him a 5 dollar bill.

I waited and waited and he gave nothing back.

I finally said, "What about the change?"

"Change comes from within." he replied.
Michael

Gregor77

The issue was the dark skies leaving work and for many of the guys in the city.  But you are right.. a few hrs of being at home, the dark sky's disipated rather quickly.  I was also thinking of going.. but I though no one would be there.. oh well, missed a good relaxing night. ::)

piker

Hey Michael... Shut-up!   ;D

Yes, I almost decided not to go as the weather did look pretty ugly where I work, but I figured I'd go for it and the worst that would happen is I would end up taking the long way home.

sihinch

battlestu

thinking of joining the morning crew tomorrow (since i have the day off)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

imran13

Its a fire drill at school right now... So I'm stuck on a soccer field with about 1800 other people. Wouldve been some nice flying right now... If only planes fit in pockets :(
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

sihinch

Well, it was cold, and grey and windy, but I had a blast!  Just got back from 90 mins at the field - alone!

I re-trimmed my repaired Nooner (thanks Frank ;)), so now I have 2 race-ready planes.  And I had some fast laps with my Reverb, and really started to get used to how it feels.  And just to use up the batteries, I tested the repairs on my F-22 after the dodgy launch at the weekend.  So all-in-all, a very successful evening.

It was cold though........

Gregor77

It was you. I had reports of a person flying a red sport plane. Lol