Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

You'd better bring a recovery boat because your water may not be so white!

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Papa on February 20, 2014, 10:07:17 PM
You'd better bring a recovery boat because your water may not be so white!

Jack.

I was thinking hip waders, but Rob's camper top boat would defintiely be more fun AND would make for some great photos!  It would definitely bring us full cirlce on the White Water theme!

Andy

sihinch

I thought it's all going to freeze again?

Make a nice ice runway!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on February 21, 2014, 01:10:00 PM
I thought it's all going to freeze again?

Make a nice ice runway!

That's right!!  What a perfect winter opportunity for all those jets with tiny scale wheels.  And no trouble finding the centreline.   I hope to see lots of jets out on Sunday (-4C, wind chill -10C, winds W15 kmh). 

Taxiing EDF's should provide an interesting challenge until you get up some speed.

Andy

Ededge2002

IF the weather man can be believed there could be SUN and POSITIVE temperatures tomorrow. Who's with me on thinking this could be a sign?  We might get a nice day off flying in before the spring mud gets started.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

I'm hoping to fly over the field tomorrow at about 2:30 to have a look.  If all goes well, I hope to be at TEMAC around 3:30.  The winds should be fun - north at 30 gusting 45 kmh!  Ed will almost be able to hover his Enigma !! :D

The Ice Man melteth and bringeth his rubber boots!

Andy

piker

I stopped by the field late this afternoon (Saturday) to see if it offered wide open grass like the rest of Toronto and area, but only found about a foot of crusty, lumpy snow, and an unusable driveway.  I'll hold off of flying for a bit longer.  My planes need work anyway  :)

Andy Hoffer

Fantastic!  I was worried that the snow might have melted by the time I got there this afternoon!

White Water Flying Rules!!

Snowballs (Iceballs???) Hoffer

Ededge2002

The surface ice on the field has melted leaving a nice corn snow surface. I managed to back 1/3 the way down the driveway even but I would advise to do thus at your own risk.
Had several flights and made some videos that I might post later. The sun was beautiful and the winds not that bad as they were right down the runway.

Andy Hoffer

We flew over at about 3:10 and we couldn't find you! No Enigmas at 1000 ft or anything!!  ???

Ededge2002

Videos up!  Sorry the hat camera was aimed a little high..  I will work on it.

Enigma
http://youtu.be/XBRExrUuamA

X-Plane
http://youtu.be/Dya7nsD7TRw

Ededge2002

Forgot this picture! If there had been a rope and a second car I would have backed right in!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on March 30, 2014, 08:13:49 PM
Videos up!  Sorry the hat camera was aimed a little high..  I will work on it.

Enigma
http://youtu.be/XBRExrUuamA

X-Plane
http://youtu.be/Dya7nsD7TRw

Well, this "clearly" explains why I didn't see Ed's Enigma when I flew over TEMAC yesterday.  The Enigma flies at >150 mph, but my eyeballs max out at 140 at close range!  ;D 

Love the graph Ed.  It rivals the ones we use to monitor our generating units!!  :D

Looking forward to some head-down videos.

Andy

Gregor77

How is the drive way doing?  Would it be helpful to put the white and blue fence up to keep anyone from driving into the ditch or soft shoulder?  I really don't want to see a repeat of last year with the tire marks and ditches all over the place?

Ededge2002

I suspect with today's temperature I was the last one to drive on our frozen and snow covered driveway. I would recommend that the board make an assessment of its condition. Also the field WILL be flooded and to prevent damage in these next couple weeks I would advise the executive take a look.

Other than that I'm not saying anything lol