Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

It was great to be there, but it was still quite wet!

Nevertheless, I maidened two models successfully.

I did have to repair an elevator, adjust trim, and also program a speed control to brake (stop spinning the motor so a folding prop will fold), but that's all done now.

The outer area is very wet and muddy, almost like quicksand.

Michael

gmcnic

Sun and smiles-- it was great to see so many at the field again!
Wet, but much better than I was expecting.  I stuck with the UMX Icon 5 myself thinking the field might have been a lot softer.

Wonderful to see all of the others flying new and familiar aircraft, including Greg's K8.  Not to steal Simon's thunder, but I promised to share video of the K8's flight as well.  (At least there should be 2 angles of the same flight and perhaps others.)  Nice job, Greg!

The road in was dry in the early afternoon, but gradually became part of the stream by late afternoon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b85QGKQXlm0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E9falPAgaM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO_sCTKmBf0

piker

I had a great time at the field today too!  I arrived with Michael before 1:00 and left after 5:30.  It was really nice to get out flying again and get a feeling for the summer of flying to come!

Michael

Nice video Graham.

Nice, then scary, then funny!

;D
Michael

Ededge2002

Yes I too had a great day at the field.  Sun, flying and the familiar faces of TEMAC!  Some new models and some great flying.  Even blasted around the sky with a couple of mine.  When I looked at my watch I was shocked to see the time had passed and I had to get home so if I failed to say goodbye I only left abruptly with hopes I could return some day!

http://youtu.be/YRljULE1esM

Please forgive the lapse I had filming..  I was In awe at what was happening at had a huge brain fart and forgot I was even filming!  It was an intense moment!  The shouts and cheers from the pilots and the others were amazing!

For those that witnessed it I'm so glad I made that catch!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

gmcnic

And a big hats off to Andy for his amazing tow plane recovery after release!

battlestu

Thanks for the video guys... Boy that was one wild ride
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Andy Hoffer

Yikes!  I can't believe how close I was to buying a new Sportster!  This is way more fun than racing !!!  :o

Slushballs Hoffer

sihinch

battlestu

sadly none were of my flying skill.... good catch Ed :)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: battlestu on April 08, 2014, 09:15:08 AM
sadly none were of my flying skill.... good catch Ed :)

But you were positively AWESOME on hitting the "Eject" button!   :D

Gregor77

I was stuck in class for most of the day!  But had a chance to play at the park!   It would have been much better to go to TEMAC, but I was worried it was too muddy and soft.   To bad the weather is crazy for the remainder of the week.  Back to building!

Andy Hoffer

Gorgeous night at TEMAC this evening!  Very little wind and beautiful sunset!  Lots of geese in the circuit.

You can back in about one third of the way down the driveway (up to the orange pylon).  Parts are flooded and soft beyond that. Very little snow left in the pits.  Field is clear.  Rubber boots are a must.

Cheers.

Andy

Gregor77

Stop teasing us!  >:(

Is the roadway OK to park on?  How is the gap between the road way and the field... Last year there was a fair amount of water there.  I know that we added the gravel, did that help?   I assume that the field is still very soft on the sides.  I personally will wait and play in the park.  Actually the weather is perfect today!  Cough Cough.. time to go home!   ;D

piker

I plan on getting out tomorrow (Saturday) for a test flight, but I won't be there until later in the day.  Probably evening.

I would think the driveway would be O.K. but I wouldn't venture onto the mud at the side, or onto the parking area yet.  But I haven't been there since the weekend, so what do I know  :)