4-2013 TEMAC Racing News, Nooner Maidens!

Started by Papa, March 09, 2013, 10:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

#4-2013
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Ededge2002

Guys you are going to love this plane.  Its a forgiving and rewarding flyer.  Wish the driveway was more accessable for today Jack but your going to love the racing!

ps where is Simons hand in the first picture lower right?? :o
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

piker

Andy told us to spice up the picture a bit... to Simon did.  I'm still blushing    :-*

You asked for my observations on the flying of the nooners.  Well, they looked good to me!  Nice and fast when wanted, and nice and slow and easy to fly, when wanted.  They seemed to groove nicely as expected and once everyone gets used to their planes, after a couple of flights, flying the 300ft course will be easy.  Then it's just down to fine tuning one's racing skills.

Comparing the Nooner to the Formosa.  As much as I like the Formosa, it doesn't make a good pylon racer in my opinion.  I was never able to get mine to fly a course consistantly, whereas I expect (from past experience and observation the other day) we can with the nooners.

Ededge2002

Thanks for your input Robert its nice to hear an observers opinion. Especially one that has experience with this type of plane. When you encouraged me to fly the 300' course I was impressed how easily the plane handled.  Now we need some others to get there planes done. Cough cough... I've built two already.  Come on boys join the fun, post some pictures and let's get this series off the ground!  (Pun intended!!)
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?