New Member...New home for Nexstar

Started by sts41, March 19, 2012, 07:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sts41

Well I just got my membership card for Temac today....My name is Stephen Sweeney, and I'm an RC Aholic.
Can't wait to get back to Stouffville and get flying...I was out to the field a few times late last season, Clair let me try a plane, and since then, I have though of nothing but getting back and trying the plane I got for Christmas...

Since there isn't much to do to a Nexstar...and my plane needed a home...I built a storage container for the plane. Since the plane will pretty much be in the back of my truck all summer......I created this:

I know....looks like a coffin...But should protect it for the summer.

thehaze

Nice work!

Welcome to the club. The weather is looking good for a nice early start to the season!
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

battlestu

welcome to the club!!

nice idea; the box it should minimize hanger rash on that good looking plane
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Ededge2002

Welcome to TEMAC.  I'm a new member too as I joined at the very end of last year. 
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Gregor77

Welcome to the club, you will really like it!

sts41

I don't expect to be in Ontario until April 23. I work 6 months of the year in Toronto and 6 months from home in New Brunswick. If the workshop is after that...I will gladly bring it....In fact, it will be in the truck all summer, so should be viewable every weekend  :D

Since we have VERY little storage area when in ON...The box is a means of keeping the plane from being crushed in the back of the truck.

Any repairs will be done on the picnic table....So I really hope I am a fast learner. I have lots of time on the Sim....

I may rent a storage locker if they are not too expensive...Give me a place to work...and store some of the stuff I normally leave in the truck during the summer.

See you all soon.

Steve

sihinch

Looking forward to meeting you Steve.