2012 field conditions

Started by Ededge2002, February 23, 2012, 10:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

Im considering going out to the field this afternoon and wonder what the conditions are?  I drove past there Tuse and Wed and could see green grass on what looked to be the landing strip!!  Was I dreaming?  did we get astroturf?     Whats the driveway looking like?   Spring just cant come soon enough!!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Gregor77

I am going to go tonight for a bit if the weather is OK.  Mind you if it is too mushy, just sit on the driveway.

Ededge2002

The drive was solid when I arrived but deteriorated a lot even before I was leaving. The field had patches of snow. I taxied my plane on the field slowly and one wheel must have hit a clump of ice or somthing because next thing I knew my plane was laying on it's belly with the landing gear plate removed.  Ah yes the famous ARF ****ty landing gear glue joint!  This is on what is claimed as a high quality one too. When will they ever learn? 

Gregor77

Cliff and I went last night and you are right with the patches of snow.   Even landing, I am not that good to land in the only grassy spot.   Taking off with a 60 size plane was a bit of an experience as it cut through the snow piles.    My last flight I landed in the big puddle at the north side... ;o(

We had some fun flying around, the sky was nice!   

We flew the FMS HS123, GP Stearman EP, H9 Camel and the PZ SE5A.  It was Bi-plane fest last night!

Ededge2002

I was able to fly my little Aerostar from the green patch.  But somthing tells me it's gone for now

Ededge2002

just a note on my lawn conditions...  I HAD to cut my grass today  ITS NOT EVEN APRIL! 
  Who else has joined the work crew for the spring slave drive?  I figure anyone that has been driving in and out of the soft driveway should have an automatic enrolment.  Lets get this ball rolling!