Flying at TEMAC

Started by Michael, June 04, 2004, 11:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I will be using this forum to let people know about flying activities at TEMAC. A few people have asked when an instructor would be available.

So far, my plans are to be at the field with Adam (an instructor) Saturday afternoon (about 2:30) and Sunday morning at 9am for about 2 to 3 hours, all of course based on good weather conditions.

I will confirm this Saturday morning, so please check back here.

Michael
Michael

Michael

We'll be there at about 2:30pm today, for about 1½ hours or so. Note: wind is predicted to be about 20kph.

I'm also still planning to be there from 9am to 11am tomorrow morning.

Michael
Michael

piker

I'll try to make it out for Sunday morning.

I didn't go to the Richmond Hill Fun Fly today as planned.  I'm sure Andre did.

Robert

Michael

Not only did André go to Richmond Hill, but he came to TEMAC also and flew there in the afternoon, with Adam and me, helped Jim Connell with his trainer (a good flight too), and Nestor was flying his GWS Beaver.

Weather permitting, we'll be there tomorrow morning about 9am.

Michael
Michael

Michael

See photos and read about flying at TEMAC on the June 5 - 6 weekend.

Thanks to John Kusturin for the new work tables at TEMAC.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/m.rogozinsky/temac-news.htm

Michael
Michael

Michael

Weather permitting, I will be doing some flying at TEMAC on Saturday afternoon, 3-ish, and Sunday morning at about 9am. I may come even earlier Sunday and work on the field a bit (mow the pits area, drive over the temp. runway to flatten it, straighten the fence, etc.).

I will confirm on this thread/forum by Saturday morning.

If the entrance is wet, be careful!

I may dig a ditch and install a small culvert.

Michael
Michael

Michael

It is quite windy today. I'll only decide to go fly based on conditions in the early to mid afternoon.

Regardless, Sunday morning I will definately be doing some field maintenance and flying.

Michael
Michael

Michael

Nice day of flying today.

See the TEMAC "What's Happening" page for details and photos.

Michael
Michael

Michael

After spending some time with John Kusterin and my son Adam discussing how to take care of the TEMAC field, André and I met at the field this evening and it seems we reached a deal with a person to maintain the field. Although I (and many other TEMAC members) will be out of town this weekend (at the Kingston funfly - see home page), I expect the TEMAC field (pits and runway) to be in good shape.

Whoever goes flying this weekend, be care ful and have fun.

Be sure to follow all MAAC rules.

Michael
Michael

Michael

Flying at TEMAC on the long weekend

Since many people will be taking a long weekend for Canada Day, I expect many of our members to be flying at TEMAC. I know that I plan on flying Friday morning, Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning (weather and wife permitting).

Both the pits and temporary runway have been mowed. There are set-up tables, fences, and even a "porta-potty" may be installed by this weekend.

You must have your MAAC membership to fly, and you must have your wings certificate (or pin) to fly without an instructor. (If anyone needs an instructor, contact me).

The proper runway is still "off-limits" to us as the grass is beginning to grow. If you must land your plane on that area, just be careful. Also, please be careful should you have to walk on the adjacent farmer's land to retrieve a plane.

Again, please remember these main rules:

1. There is no flying over the pits section of the field; only over the eastern section of the field past the orange fence.

2. All flyers must be MAAC members; no exceptions!

3. Members without their pilot's certificate must fly under the supervision of a club instructor.

4. All flyers must place a pin on the frequency board (on their frequency of course) before turning their transmitters on, and must remove the pin after turning their transmitters off.

5. Please take any garbage away from the field.

If you haven't been out to TEMAC yet, please come and enjoy your club. Any member is welcome to bring along an EMFSO member as a guest. Please bring sunglasses, as the sun will be in front-center for any morning flying.

You can see some photos of recent activity at TEMAC at the "WHAT'S HAPPENING" TEMAC page:

Michael
Michael

Michael

The field is in good shape. Have fun flying.

Read the "UPDATE PAGE"

Michael
Michael

piker

We'll be flying at TEMAC tomorrow night (Wednesday, July 7th).  Come on out and join the fun.

I'll be there around 6:30.

Robert

bald warthog

2004-07-14
Arrived at TEMAC tonite to watch Andre fly his large Graupner glider sans ailerons. Then he flew his Bearcat(?) with LiPo cells...very impressive aerobatics.After he packed up, he very graciously answered about a dozen of my questions and gave me some good guidelines to proceed with future  construction. Thanks, Andre !
ps. the field looks great. The corn is still short, the runway is beginning to fill in, the taxiway is luxurious.
Rod

Rod Clark C.E.T.
MAAC 69870
EMFSO 801
TEMAC 47
Rod Clark C.E.T.
MAAC 69870
EMFSO 801
TEMAC 47

piker

A couple of us are tentatively (depending on weather) planning to go flying at TEMAC tomorrow evening (Friday, July 23).  I don't plan on going on the weekend as I need to get some work done around the house.  We were planning to go this evening, but it was windy and a thunderstorm rolled in.

Evening flying is a lot of fun.  The wind usually calms right down, the air cools down a bit, and ya don't have to drag yourself out of bed at crazy hours on a weekend just to get to the field as the wind picks up.  Another bonus with evening flying, at TEMAC, is the sun is BEHIND you while flying.

Looks like John W, Glenn N, and I are in for tomorrow evening.  If anyone else see's this post you're welcome to join us.

Robert

Michael

I have guests coming over Friday night, darn it! Have a good time.

However, I just spoke to our gardener. The main field has been mowed!

I have not seen it yet; I don't know how much bigger the runway is yet, or exactly how much he did. I will see it on Saturday afternoon, and then I will give feedback to the gardener. Feel free to offer suggestions and comments in this forum.

This is the initial cut. Second and third cuts will improve substantially, according to the cardiner. He said the weeds/clover were quite difficult to cut.

As far as the wet driveway is concerned, perhaps we'll finally put in the small culvert we were talking about.

Michael
Michael