May 5, 2013 Old-Timers Funfly

Started by Michael, May 05, 2013, 06:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

A great big thanks to Jack Higgins for organizing and running such a pleasant and fun day.

(Supper's ready - I'll post more soon   ;D )
Michael

Michael

(OK, supper was delicious - home-made pizza.)

Anyway, Jack did a great job!

He made this Old-Timer mini-funfly into something more broadly-based by inviting anything that was 30 years or older (instead of only pre-1940 designs) or anything of old-style stick-and-tissue construction.

The real old-timer models flew wonderfully, and it was a joy to just sit back and watch them float in the sky.
Of course the hotdogs and cold drinks were a treat!

Before and after the funfly we flew all kinds of models.

It was a terrific day.
Michael

thehaze

It was.

I'm already thinking about my next trip to temac.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

eric

Just wanted to add my thanks to Jack as well. The day went off without a hitch at all, with everyone able to "fly what they brung".

It was certainly nice to air out the old Super Buccaneer as I don't get to fly it as often as I'd like. With that one piece 88" wing its a bit of a struggle getting her down to the field, but worth it to watch it float around the field with almost no direction at all. Those old designs may be quirky, but they sure do fly nice.

Thanks again for an excellent day!

Eric

Skyking

I even got to maiden my Grumman Skyrocket.
I was there for 4 hours, ate 4 hotdogs and flew 4 planes- Skyrocket,Sonic, Vampire and P-38.
I was presented with my wings in a grand ceremony. ( everyone will probably want to treat me with even more respect now).

Great day! Thanks to everybody who made it possible.

Ken
Actually, I can.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Skyking on May 05, 2013, 08:46:38 PM

I even got to maiden my Grumman Skyrocket.
I was there for 4 hours, ate 4 hotdogs and flew 4 planes- Skyrocket,Sonic, Vampire and P-38.
I was presented with my wings in a grand ceremony. ( everyone will probably want to treat me with even more respect now).

Great day! Thanks to everybody who made it possible.

Ken

I was wondering who left those Hobby King-Size Giant Wings at the pilot station.  I came by at around 6:00 pm and there they were.  They are now sleeping peacefully in my basement. 

Andy

Ededge2002

pictures there has to be pictures of this ceremony!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Bobmic

Congrats on the wings Ken
I guess that from now on you are not limited to the number of hot dogs you are allowed to eat as you are officially licence to have hot dogs any time of the day and even have a drink with them :)

Bobby

Gregor77

Sounds like you guys had a great time!   I got caught with the Carmen do list and didn't make it back to Stouffville till 5 ish.  I really wish that I could have made it.  Next time!  Guess this is what you were warning me about.  Should be thankful, I got lots of flying done prior to the weekend.