Sunday Aug 7- Rogo visit 10am-1 pm- Was it ever hot!!!

Started by Frank v B, August 05, 2022, 10:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I will be at Rogo Field on Sunday.  If you need a hand trimming an airplane or maidening one, I would be happy to help.

Frank

ps: Maybe Guy can drop by to maiden his new Spitfire.  No tux required. ;)
"Never trade luck for skill"

GuyOReilly

@Frank v B  I will wear an appropriate attire for Sunday. I will try to make it with other planes too...

GuyOReilly

Attempted takeoff by the Spitfire, with @Frank v B at the controls.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/U0S2IsMwocM

Frank v B

That was a hot day at Rogo Field.
Members flying were Jan, Greg, Geoff, Mark, Vadim, Guy, David, Michael.

Here is the photo report:
83- Guy setting up his Rascal.  It flew well.
84- Greg trying to steal Guy's new Spitfire before the maiden flight.
85- Jan flew his plane lots.
86- Guy and his difficult to fly (to trim) SortaMoa power glider.  Two missions and it came back in one piece.
87- Guy concentrating on his SortaMoa.  It always flew like it wanted to flip onto its back in a left turn.
88- Vadim searching for his lost plane.
89- Guy and his Spitfire before the (unsuccessful) maiden flight.  It is still in one piece..... not counting the cannons.  ;)
90- An alien from the planet Quadalot.  Vadim searching for his downed plane.

Frank

GuyOReilly

Yes, very, very hot
Also few people, but Frrank was talking up the lady...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WftHB1cb9xM

GuyOReilly

Frank v B

Lemme Splain.......*

re: the SortaMoa- it was waaayyy out of trim as first flights usually are of home-built models.  The landing was done with full "up" elevator from ahead of the pilot's station to the landing spot.  It was less controlled than it looked.  (read as "I $hit in my pants" ;D)

re: the Spitfire flip.- It took a nasty turn to the left at take-off and I was going to full power when I decided to shut it down since it would clip the top of the corn.  On the last attempt it took off straight, it went to full power and shut down after about 5 seconds.  Guy is going to download the FDR and CVR tonight to figure out the cause.  Only two wing cannons were broken in the two flipped landings.  Guy- I owe you.  The CVR is going to be full of expletives. 8)

re: "but Frank was talking up the lady...".  That was Tamara Jewett who was picked as one the the 18 best women Triathletes in the world at the Half Ironman (70.3) distance.  She lives in Stouffville and is representing Team International at the Collins Cup in Bratislava, Slovakia on Aug. 20.  The other two teams are Team USA and Team Europe.  Six members per team.  My daughter made her rear race wheel and dropped it off for a tune-up.  Tamara won Half Ironman Mt. Tremblant last month by over 9 minutes over the second place athlete.  For the curious https://triathlonmagazine.ca/gear/cervelo-founder-phil-white-and-former-pro-nicole-van-beurden-harness-the-power-of-wind-with-revolutionary-new-wheels/

Frank

* for those of you who have had kids.   ;)