Flying Sunday Aug. 14, 10 am-1 pm

Started by Frank v B, August 12, 2022, 09:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I plan to go to Rogo Field on Sunday 10 am-1 pm.  If anyone needs help maidening, trimming or re-trimming an airplane I would be happy to help.

Frank

ps: One week to go to the Pizza lunch flying event.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Beautiful day.  Graham, Cadez, Mark and Johnson joined me at the field.  Glenn arrived just when I was leaving with the news that David had found his biplane that crashed yesterday.  We were ready to do a search pattern.

Johnson flew his Sig Wonder.  It was fast and controllable (read as "good piloting skills")  :)

My little Bearcat (rubber converted to electric with retracts) all of a sudden did a full speed spiral dive into the corn*.  Only about 20' in from the edge of the field.  Graham found it thanks to the beeping from the ESC. Only damage is broken stabilizer half.

Frank

* Will take it apart tonight to see why it spiralled into the ground and will report back with a mini-Mayday episode.

Photos:
31- the Bearcat as found
34- Graham rescued my plane
35- Johnson and his Sig Wonder
37- Graham trying to gift wrap the Bearcat.

Michael

More flying in the afternoon.

Here are a few shots of: Peter, Kenny, Glenn, Oscar, Loy, David and me!

Beautiful warm weather, blue sky and low wind.
Michael

Michael

More flying on Monday. Simon K was there, and Kenny and Carlos came by after.

Michael

Frank v B

What happened to my little Bearcat?

It was flying along well and trimmed and all of a sudden it spiralled into the corn.  Graham found it.
I took it apart and the problem was.....the crystal came loose.  It was completely out of the holder.  This was a 72 meg radio on channel 44.  In all the years of flying I have never had this happen before.

BTW- the reason for using 72 meg on small planes- the trim lever adjustments are instant and much greater than with 2.4 gig radios.  Small planes tend to be twitchy and in many cases straight and level flight is with several moving surfaces askew.

Phew.

It has been repaired (broken stab).

Frank