Flight Instruction- Wed. Aug 31 5 pm - 7:30 pm

Started by Frank v B, August 29, 2022, 10:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I will be there for evening instruction.  Hoping the weather stays fine.  I will be there regardless.

Frank

ps: Ethan and Daniel- your Mini-Apprentice is ready.  I will bring it with a charged battery.  The nose wheel bearer piece has been replaced with a DuBro one.  It should work fine.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Well, talk about gusty, swirly, drafty winds.  there was 2 minutes of rain at 3:30, then about 10 drops at 5:30.  The rest of the evening was "warm with angry looking clouds".
Thanks to instructors Philip, Mark, BJ, Vadim and Oscar.  Students were Ami, Paul G., Paul S and Gord.
The landings were very tricky because of the west wind and rotors coming off the trees behind the pilot stations.  They cause downdrafts on the runway.  Splatt if you don't watch it.

Photo report.
74- Bj's mother doesn't dress him any more.
75- Paul Scuse and Mark
76- Paul Gray getting ready for his flight.
78- Philip and Gord working on the Cub.
79- Oscar scratching his head trying to figure out what was wrong with Ami's new plane.  Differential diagnosis determined it was a bad ESC.
81- Happiest TEMAC member.  Mark officially retired about 1 hour before this picture was taken.
84- Oscar and Vadim discussing transmitter programming issues.
86- Philip surveying the situation.
88- What I meant by "an angry sky".  Philip's Ultimate Biplane is flying in the middle of the photo.

Frank v B

Vadim and his new friend.

At least it knew how to fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIYOJ_hSs0o

GordPayne

Gorilla Glue has MIRACULOUSLY restored my firewall after my plane's "Deceleration Trauma" with the ground last night. I'll be back next week%uD83D%uDE00

To paraphrase the great Foghorn Leghorn, "Fortunately I keep my firewalls numbuh'd for just such an emuhjency"
Old Buttonville proverb,"If you have to hit the fence, hit the far fence, not the near fence."

Frank v B

Gord,  I'm glad.

Love Foghorn Leghorn.  Googled quotes and these two came up:

"Course you know this means war."
"Fortunately, I always carry a spare set of feathers."

Frank

GordPayne

I'm partial to Foghorn.

Some of my favourites:

"That kid's as punchy as a drill press"

"That boy's as subtle as a hand grenade in a bowl of oatmeal"

"Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice"

"That girl reminds me of the highway from Fort Worth to Dallas....no curves!"
Old Buttonville proverb,"If you have to hit the fence, hit the far fence, not the near fence."