Unionville Beaver is finished

Started by octagon, December 24, 2020, 04:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

I finished the Beaver today. The only thing left to do is apply the graphics when they get here from Callie. The place balanced perfectly without needing any nose weight and with the battery weights 6.25 pounds. When it is finished with the graphics it will represent CF-OBS which was the first Beaver purchased by the Ontario Lands and Forest in 1947. The plane is retired but has been restored and is in the Canadian Bush Plane museum in Timmins.
What could possibly go wrong?

davidk

Michael

Michael

Andy Hoffer

Hey @octagon ,

Fantastic job Rob.  Looking forward to portraits.  Did you use it to air drop Christmas presents in the neighbourhood (with Nav Canada approval, of course) ?!! 

Andy

octagon

Thanks guys.  Gong to start on the Sarik Cessna 120 short kit next.

davidk

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on December 25, 2020, 09:41:55 AM
Hey @octagon ,

Fantastic job Rob.  Looking forward to portraits.  Did you use it to air drop Christmas presents in the neighbourhood (with Nav Canada approval, of course) ?!! 

Andy

Click on the images to show them in the viewer... they rotate to the intended orientation... in this case, portrait.  Sometimes the forum site shows a thumbnail in landscape to best fit into a defined area... it depends on the image dimensions.  It's best to view the larger images anyway.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: davidk on December 26, 2020, 12:44:43 PM
Quote from: Andy Hoffer on December 25, 2020, 09:41:55 AM
Hey @octagon ,

Andy

Click on the images to show them in the viewer... they rotate to the intended orientation... in this case, portrait.  Sometimes the forum site shows a thumbnail in landscape to best fit into a defined area... it depends on the image dimensions.  It's best to view the larger images anyway.

Good point @davidk !  This will be invaluable to @octagon for visualizing and mentally rehearsing the spin maneuvers which I am sure Rob is contemplating at this very moment!!  ;D

Andy

davidk

Quote from: octagon on December 24, 2020, 04:08:45 PM
I finished the Beaver today. The only thing left to do is apply the graphics when they get here from Callie. The place balanced perfectly without needing any nose weight and with the battery weights 6.25 pounds. When it is finished with the graphics it will represent CF-OBS which was the first Beaver purchased by the Ontario Lands and Forest in 1947. The plane is retired but has been restored and is in the Canadian Bush Plane museum in Timmins.

Now I understand the half black cowl, Rob.  I just looked up the plane you referred to... beautiful.  Can't wait to see this in the air and on the water.  What are the big tanks just above the floats?

octagon

The graphics arrived today and, as usual from Callie, they were perfect. I just need to add a bit of black trim to the LE of the horizontal stabilizer and then, except for a pilot, I think I can call it finished. I have flown it and it is a real gem. Really happy about the way it turned out, you never know.

Michael

Looks great!

Looks especially nice on the floats!
Michael

sihinch

GuyOReilly

davidk

Wow!  It was just an excellent yellow plane before.  Now... it's a Beaver!  Beautiful.

octagon

Thanks guys. Appreciate the kind words. Spent all afternoon trying to figure out the Cessna 120's elevator rudder arrangement. I built it according to plans but somehow I must of missed something as they interfered with each other. After 4 hours they are good now.

Wingnutz

Just found this thread...another great job from one of TEMAC's prolific build team! Rob, really glad you posted some pictures with floats. No self-respecting Beaver, Otter or Norseman should appear in public without floats or skis!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!