Spring needs a push- Let's give it a shove on Sunday, April 7 10 am

Started by Frank v B, March 30, 2019, 06:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Time for us to force spring.  This winter has been wayyyyy too brutal.  Heck, Andy stayed away from his powder flying.

Let's meet at the field 10 am Sunday, April 7 and have at least one flight.  This is one of these "No Matter What The Weather" events.

9:00 am Pilot's Meeting at Tim's Woodbine.
9:45 depart for the field
10:00- 10:01- fly
10:15 we could be back at Tim's if the weather is awful.

This event is very important for the following reasons:
i) You have to find your flight batteries and charge them... once you find your charger   ;D
2) You have to make sure the RX is bound to the TX.... once you find your TX    :D
3) You have to fly at least 1 circuit.... once you find your flying fingers. ;)

It will make the rest of the season seem easy to organize.

Hope to at least see you at Tim's before the event.

How about at least the usual suspects like Rob D., Andy, Greg H., Cadez, Vadim, Graham.....  Roll Call! :)

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

octagon

What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

That inch of white $hit stuff this morning is the exact reason we need to do this next Sunday. ;D ;D

Photos of my car and my front lawn at 10:20 am.  Arghhh!

Frank

octagon

God give me strength. Will this winter ever end? I feel like I am living in Tucktiuktuk NWT.
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Rob, this is your teacher....... spelling.  There is a Yak missing. :)

Tuktoyaktuk

We would not want our modelling friends up there thinking we are big city idiots. ;D

Frank

bweaver

Good Idea @Frank v B

Sunday looks promising...  I'll be there if I get organized.  Where is that combat ribbon?

Without having to move, I now live in the City of Richmond Hill.  When did that happen?  So I guess I'm one of those big city idiots now.  8)

As the ground thaws and becomes soft - Don't walk on the runway! And need I remind you to bring your

sihinch

I'm shaking a tin outside Loblaws in the afternoon, for Canadian Cancer Society but I'll see if I can dash out before....

Frank v B

Simon,

re: "I'm shaking a tin outside Loblaws in the afternoon, for Canadian Cancer Society but I'll see if I can dash out before...."

Great.... but let me re-write this for you.

What you should have written.... and told Les.......

" On Sunday, April 7, I will be shaking a tin for the Cancer Society outside the Tim Hortons at Woodbine and Stouffville Sideroad at 9 am, then heading to the City to shake that same tin outside the Loblaws at 2 pm."

Of course, outside Tim's at 9 am we will tell you we will only donate at Rogo field.  You then have to go there to pick up our donations.  I am absolutely sure everyone will there will donate.  Make sure you bring a flying tin can. ;)

At dinner time though, do not say that you spent the entire day collecting money for the Cancer Society because that warrants a slap on the back of the head from Les. 8)

Frank

Frank v B

Note: this is an unofficial event and not on the calendar.

If you are frustrated with winter/spring you need to come out and celebrate what should be the start of the flying season.  So far Rob and Gerald have confirmed and Simon may be taking up a collection for the Cancer Society.  We will have a blast.  Come join us. 9 am at Tim's Woodbine, 10 am at the field.  Guaranteed to be an Andy-free event. ;)

Frank

Frank v B

Tomorrow will be awesome.

The field is clear, the driveway is clear, it will be around 12C, no snow.... no Andy....  What more can a guy ask for.

Prepped my UHU for a maiden flight, Cobra Z for a maiden and TaylorCraft 450 for tried and true flying.

Come join us.  9 am Sunday at Tim's.

Frank

Michael

Michael

Michael

A great turnout (15 people ?) and lots of fun flying.

Michael

Frank v B

9 members showed up at Tim's.  13 people showed up at the field.  A great day.  Thanks for participating.

Coffee Shop photos.  Notice all the Cancer Daffodils.  Simon is such a convincing salesman.

Frank

Frank v B

More photos- from the field.

Frank

Frank v B

Now the foolishness started.... called Flying!