TEMAC New Years Fly

Started by GeoffM, December 29, 2021, 12:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeoffM

Looks like Sat is likely to be rainy.  Do you have an alternate get together if the weather does not cooperate...Friday morning looks good so far.

Frank v B

Geoff,

re: New Year's- You can fly any time you want and call it a New Year's flying session. ;)

I will be there Jan 1 at 10 am for a flight for personal reasons.  From my earlier post "I will be at Rogo Field 10 am January 1 for a New Year's flight regardless of the weather....as I have done for the last 32 years."

As you will learn this coming season, I do not believe in weather forecasts. To me forecasts guarantee what the weather will not be.  My good Temac friend and full-size pilot Andy Hoffer is at the other end of the spectrum.  He actually believes weather forecasts. ;D

Skeptical?- absolutely!
Logical?- absolutely not!
Nuts?-the jury is still out.   ;)

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Is Andy a full size, pilot, Frank? Or is he a bit shorter than full size??  ;D

GeoffM

Already then...will wake up on the 1st and give it a call based on what we see.  Weather cooperating we will see u there Frank.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on December 29, 2021, 06:06:40 PM
Is Andy a full size, pilot, Frank? Or is he a bit shorter than full size??  ;D

I do confess that I like the seat height crank on the Cessna 172S!  8)

Andy

Frank v B

Simon,

re: your "Or is he a bit shorter than full size??  ;D"

Andy appears to be about a quart short.   ;)

Frank

GeoffM

Logic or not Frank you called it for Sat.  Looks like the RC Plane Gods will provide rain free weather at 10 tomorrow.

Gregor77

Main thing is Happy New Years!

electroflyer

Frank v B

Happy New Year!!!   Eleven people showed up to bring in the New Year.

Compared to the summer- it was cold, miserable and gusty.  Compared to February- it was a nice day.   ;),

I had one flight and then thought there were better things to do...like getting warm.

Frank

octagon

It was cold and windy and a bit rainy, but it was great so see everyone.
What could possibly go wrong?