Any one has any feedback on wild scorpion Lipo's?

Started by Bobmic, April 06, 2013, 08:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobmic

I need to buy a few batteries and although I have a number of Nano Techs I can not say I am too impress beside the fact that they look nice and are relatively lighter.
SN Hobbies carries them so shipping should be ok.
I am also using zippy compact which seem to be nice but can not compare than as I don't have similar 5s Nanotechs ....and I don't know anything about Turnigy.

Thx,
Bobby

sts41

I can't speak on Scorpion Lipo's, but I have 2 Turnigy 5S5000's and I am VERY happy with them. I had over 65 flights on each one in my Nexstar and the internal resistance went from 4 mOhm to 6... I plan to use them for my Cub this year....So they should get another 65 or so flights each again. :)

I have bought 9 HK batteries in various sizes and I have been very happy with them all so far....A new year may change that...But, if I get one battery in 10 that is bad (and I am still waiting for that one), it is still way cheaper to go the HK route.

Steve

pmackenzie

I just order some of the Scorpions. (4S 3000 packs)
Cheap enough that they were worth giving a try, no long wait for shipping via Swisspost or Singapore.

Supposed to be here on Friday, I wonder if the weather and field conditions next weekend will cooperate. ::)

Pat MacKenzie

Bobmic

Quote from: pmackenzie on April 07, 2013, 03:21:35 PM
I just order some of the Scorpions. (4S 3000 packs)
Cheap enough that they were worth giving a try, no long wait for shipping via Swisspost or Singapore.

Supposed to be here on Friday, I wonder if the weather and field conditions next weekend will cooperate. ::)

Pat MacKenzie

Hi Pat, where have you ordered them from?
I saw them at SN Hobbies in Vancouver.

Thanks,
Bobby

sihinch

Ah! Those packs! I have 2 but I'm not that impressed with them. Don't feel like very strong C rating and I don't feel like I get 3000mAh worth of flight.

Purely subjective though!

pmackenzie

Bobmic

pmackenzie

Tracking now says my package from SN hobbies should get here on Monday, not Friday.

This just about guarantees nice weather this weekend  ;D

sihinch

I'm going to change my opinion of these batteries.

I was doing some static runs with Ed last night, and compared a 45C nano-tech with both 35C and 45C wild scorpion lipos.  The scorpion lipos performed much, much better.

I'm going to order some more!

wollins

Anyone is with some real world feedback? Pat?  ;)

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

sihinch

What you sayin' Colin, I'm not in the real world?!

wollins

lol!  There was a typo ... what I meant was "anyone "else" with some real world experience?" ... sensitive!  ;) ;D

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

pmackenzie

Not enough data points yet - only flew one pack for one flight  :-[

Pat MacKenzie

sihinch

In my Reverb, a fully charged 45C 2200 mAh Nano-Tech delivered just over 56A peak. The fully charged 3000mAh Wild Scorpion gave 66A.

That was right wasn't it Ed?

Ededge2002

Yes Simon and the nano was tripping off low voltage cut off of 3.2v/cell and the scorpion was still solid. Might wait till they have a few cycles but initial impressions are good.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?